WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSolvedPC will not turn on!!

more_horiz
Hello,

Well usually I'm here with malware questions, but now I'm really screwed. My computer won't turn on, and I am at a loss as to what the problem might be.

I thought that it was that the PSU had died, because prior to this problem, it would take several attempts and lots of flashing lights and fan-spinning for the computer to finally boot up properly. But a couple of days ago, I got nothing at all. Looking inside the case, I see no power light on the mobo, and the PSU makes a funny squealing noise when it's own power switch is turned on and off. I've also unplugged the HDD, tried different outlets in the apartment, and made sure all cables are attached correctly.

Trouble is, I literally just finished installing a new PSU from Newegg, and it has not fixed the problem. Still no juice. And so now I've got no idea what the problem is. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

descriptionSolvedRe: PC will not turn on!!

more_horiz
I am not a hardware tech, but I can run you through your basic trouble shooting method.

Please power off and unplug your machine.
Hold the power button for 10-15 seconds.
Plug your machine back in.

Did this fix your problem?

more_horiz
No, I tried that with both PSU's and nothing happened. I've tried tripping the mobo out of the case, with a screwdriver, and nothing happened then either, which is making me think it could be that the new PSU is DOA. Otherwise, it's one of the four major components: CPU, mobo, GPU, or RAM. But I've got no way of testing those without buying new ones...

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum