WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionNew antivirus software looks at behaviors, not signatures EmptyNew antivirus software looks at behaviors, not signatures

more_horiz
It could be argued that security vendors are losing the battle with online scammers whose programs sneak onto computers and drop malicious programs, opening the computers up to remote attacks and turning them into zombies in botnet armies.The problem is that most computers today rely on antivirus software that blocks malware by checking the code in a file against a database of signatures of known viruses. With thousands of new viruses arriving each day, many of them encrypted in part or otherwise disguised with modification, the signature lists require frequent updates and many new viruses slip through undetected.More At; http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-10184407-83.html?tag=mncol

descriptionNew antivirus software looks at behaviors, not signatures EmptyRe: New antivirus software looks at behaviors, not signatures

more_horiz
thats a good idea, as u cannot create an antivirus for each viruses, the behaviour idea is a good inititative

descriptionNew antivirus software looks at behaviors, not signatures EmptyRe: New antivirus software looks at behaviors, not signatures

more_horiz
I thought that was how some of them were made. Yikes

more_horiz
It was my understanding that anti-malware applications have been doing this for years.
Also known as behavior based detection.

more_horiz
Jerry Parnell wrote:

If not heuristics most of the time.

more_horiz
Doctor Inferno wrote:
Jerry Parnell wrote:

If not heuristics most of the time.

Haha, I knew that there was a name for it, but I just couldnt think of it at the time. It was on the tip of my fingers.. Ahahaha

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum