WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSolvedVirus scan failure(MSN)

more_horiz
I am using Windows Vista Home Basic. Recently, I experienced a problem in Windows Live Messenger. Every time I receive a file that my friend sends me a file, after I have accepted the file and fully downloaded it, an error message in red will show up, saying: Virus scan failed! Please check this folder "File Transfer" I am still able to open the received file though. I have configured my antivirus to scan the received files already and my antivirus subscription is still valid and I also made sure that it was turned on. I am using Avast! Antivirus Home Edition. I do not think that there has anything to do with my firewall as I am using Windows Firewall and it did not inform me that it blocked any features of Windows Live Messenger. I never have had this problem before. I am in a dilemma. Could someone please help me?

descriptionSolvedRe: Virus scan failure(MSN)

more_horiz
I think this happens because the Avast! is not configured to scan files via MSN.

more_horiz
Hi doctor, your solution does not work, could you please provide another solution? Thank you very much!

more_horiz
There is no solution. Avast doesn't work hand in hand with Live Messenger to scan files upon receiving it.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum