WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionspybot and ad-aware prblems Emptyspybot and ad-aware prblems

more_horiz
Sir Belahzur....I have a problem. When I installed the spybot, a pop-up appeared telling me that there was a conflict between spybot and ad-aware. and told me to go to their website.

In there website this was shown.

"If you have the AdAware option to scan inside archives enabled, AdAware may find files in the Spybot-S&D folder. Spybot-S&D does not contain any spyware, but it creates backups of everything you fix (until you remove those backups from the Recovery list), and AdAware complains about these backups. You can safely ignore these backups found by AdAware."

what should i do?

descriptionspybot and ad-aware prblems EmptyRe: spybot and ad-aware prblems

more_horiz
So basically all it finds is quarantined items, ignore them if you wish, they hold no threat.

more_horiz
uhmm..sir i have a question. Will spybot delete the files automatically after detection or will it ask me first if i want to delete them.

I haven't stsrted running it coz i'm scared that it will delete files in the registry.

By the way sir, i'm using firefox now. not IE. So do i still need spybot?

Spybot is quite a scary software you see. Indifferent or Blank

Last edited by charvie on 25th January 2009, 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
It will list items it found, but does not fix them itself, you have to check what you want fixed, then it will make a backup of what it fixed.

more_horiz
sir, is it ok if i post the result of the scan here, so that you can help me decide which one to fix/delete?

more_horiz
Sure.

more_horiz
sd1

sd2

more_horiz
sir. this is the result of the scan. which one should i fix? the only familiar software there is the KGBkeylogger. I don't know about the rest. And what does the "browser" mean in the kind column?

more_horiz
Unless you installed the keylogger yourself, fix everything apart from the keylogger.

more_horiz
uhm, sir. i wuld just like to ask.

You told me in one post that i have to maintain a firewall. Well, i already have windows firewall. so is it ok to have another one and run them both together? or i just need one and i have to get rid of the other?

Well, i haven't downloaded Kerio, or Outpost, but i'll download either one of them.

more_horiz
Normally, once you install a firewall, that firewall should turn off Windows Firewall, so it should be okay, but just run ONE firewall or they will conflict.

more_horiz
oh! ok....then i'll pick kerio..it has a cooler name. How will i stealth feature of a firewall sir?

Kerio is not for free?

more_horiz
Kerio has a premium like version that people can buy, but the free version works as standard.

more_horiz
oh!..ok.... i've downloaded kerio instead of outpost. I'll run it later. thnx for the information and help1 Thank You! Cheesy Grin (sparkly

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum