WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSolvedHow to unistal Bigpond Net Usage Meter

more_horiz
Hi I no longer need the bigpond usage meter and I try to uninstall it but I can't find the program for it in c:// drive or any where else. I have this problem with my laptop as well. I can't uninstall it in Add/Remove programs as it doesn't show up in there either.

Knowing my luck it will be the simplest thing but I am at my wits end trying to remove it. Can anyone tell me how to do this please?

Thank you

descriptionSolvedRe: How to unistal Bigpond Net Usage Meter

more_horiz
You could use revo unistaller to solve your problem( www.revouninstaller.com ). If you are still unable to uninstall that component,you should do a system restore to an earlier point in time when you have not installed this software yet.

more_horiz
Ok, thanks I will give this program a try. Cheers.

more_horiz
Lance(HAOH) wrote:
You could use revo unistaller to solve your problem( www.revouninstaller.com ). If you are still unable to uninstall that component,you should do a system restore to an earlier point in time when you have not installed this software yet.

Ok I tried the program and it didn't even find it. I used the hunter mode and placed it on the net usage meter thing in Firefox tool bar and it wanted to delete Firefox itself. I cannot do a system restore as I've has this stupid meter on for over a year and I've recently had trouble with a Trojan and did a system restore for about a week ago. It's still going to be there.

Any other ideas??

more_horiz
Not sure... But I have never hard of that software before. I tried Google, but found nothing too.

Can you point me to the site where you got it from?

Could you uninstall it by Opening Firefox >> Tools >> Add-ons >> Uninstall the application?

more_horiz
I cannot find "Net Usage Meter" though I am quite sure I have heard that name before. :hmm:

I did however find this, which looks fairly close to what you are talking about.

If what you installed has come off the Mozilla Add-ons Website, then it is a firefox extension and cannot be removed like a normal program.

To remove it:
1. Open Firefox.
2. Click on the "tools" menu.
3. In the "tools" menu, select "Add-ons"
4. In the "Add-ons" window, click the "Extensions" tab.
5. In the "extensions" tab, you will see a list of installed add-ons. Please highlight the add-on that you want to remove by clicking on it.
6. Press the uninstall button that appears in the bottom left of the highlighted item.

Restart Firefox and the unwanted add-on should be gone.

Please let me know if this solves your problem. If this doesnt handle your problem, I may ask that you go to the malware removal section and submit a log file to be looked at.

more_horiz
If it is just an ordinary software, use revo to uninstall it. If it is a firefox add-on, follow what doctor inferno said. If it is none of the above. Please provide more details on what Bigpond Net Usage Meter actually is and where you downloaded it. By the way,was it even successfully installed?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum