WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionFirefox 3.1: How to Enable the TraceMonkey JavaScript Engine EmptyFirefox 3.1: How to Enable the TraceMonkey JavaScript Engine

more_horiz
1. Open Firefox.
2. In the Location Bar, input about:config.
3. Click to get past the warning message that appears.
4. Locate the Preference Name javascript.options.jit.chrome
5. Double-click the preference and change the value to true.
6. Locate the Preference Name javascript.options.jit.content
7. Double-click the preference and change the value to true.

Guys, this work to me.Better surfing for all Smile...

Enjoy ! Hooray!

descriptionFirefox 3.1: How to Enable the TraceMonkey JavaScript Engine EmptyRe: Firefox 3.1: How to Enable the TraceMonkey JavaScript Engine

more_horiz
what does it do Naz?

anyways i do not see: javascript.options.jit.chrome

how come?

Last edited by Sir $wat on 28th December 2008, 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionFirefox 3.1: How to Enable the TraceMonkey JavaScript Engine EmptyRe: Firefox 3.1: How to Enable the TraceMonkey JavaScript Engine

more_horiz
Sir $wat wrote:
what does it do Naz?

You can open some webpages much faster.

more_horiz
ohh crap...

how to know whuch version you have of firefox?

more_horiz
If you want to check your version, just go to Help > About Mozilla Firefox

I have 3.1 Beta 2, you can download it here
Mozilla Firefox 3.1 Beta 2

more_horiz
oh snap'

i have 3.0.4

can u provide a link for me to update it...

thanx

more_horiz
Sir $wat wrote:
oh snap'

i have 3.0.4

can u provide a link for me to update it...

thanx

This guide is only for 3.1 version. You can download it HERE
Chose your language.

Enjoy !

more_horiz
thank you!!

more_horiz
just did it... note: javascript.options.jit.content

was already set to true

more_horiz
I quote this from ff page;

The new TraceMonkey JavaScript engine is on by default for web content.

more_horiz
coreyw wrote:
I quote this from ff page;

The new TraceMonkey JavaScript engine is on by default for web content.

This is not ON, when i checked
javascript.options.jit.chrome

more_horiz
must be yours on its own then

more_horiz
Like how fast does it improve by

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum