WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWin32.Netsky.Q EmptyWin32.Netsky.Q

more_horiz
Hi GP,

I believe I obtained the virus via downloading a free mp3 off of a website. The mp3 is "Garry Valenciano - Take me out of the dark", though I'm not sure if that is much assistance. I won't be trying to find that website again just incase it affects my other computer.

The symptoms:

Unable to open Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox (I am connected to the internet via wireless connection) aswell as iTunes (But other media players work)

Security Center Alert pop-up after turning on the laptop states: "Risk-High level... Netsky.Q is a worm trojan program that records keystrokes and takes screen shots of the computer, stealing personal and financial information" Aswell as that, the pop-up gives me three options, "Keep Blocking", "Unblock" and "Enable protection". However, I am unable to click on the Keep Blocking and Unblock options as they are greyed out.

I have also got a friend to help me install HijackThis via USB transfer since I am unable to open Internet Explorer but after the installation, the program does not open at all.

I have also purchased via online AntiVirusPro 2009 about 2 weeks ago for another virus, which was successfully destroyed, but now, when I scan the computer with the AVPro2009, it shuts down almost instantly after clicking "system Scan". I tried it many times and after around 5-6 tries, it scans the system only to say that nothing comes up and there are "0 privacy violations".

Please help me out >_<

Thanks

descriptionWin32.Netsky.Q EmptyRe: Win32.Netsky.Q

more_horiz
Hello.
Please read here and post a Hijack This log.

http://www.geekpolice.net/malware-removal-support-hijackthis-logs-f11/read-this-before-posting-t3821.htm

more_horiz
Due to lack of feedback, this topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else, please open a new topic for your questions.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum