WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSolvedtask manager, regedit disabled and folder options not present

more_horiz
"TASK MANAGER HAS BEEN DISABLED BY YOUR ADMINISTRATOR" pops up, same as everytime i run "regedit", and folder options is not present in the tools option. Indifferent or Blank thanks in advance.+

descriptionSolvedRe: task manager, regedit disabled and folder options not present

more_horiz
You probably are not logged into an administrator account. You have to log into an admin account if you want to access those features.

descriptionSolvedRe: task manager, regedit disabled and folder options not present

more_horiz
i see, i'll check it when i get home, thanks Doc. Let me think Let me think

more_horiz
If it still remains even on the admin account, it's probably malware that has set these policies.

more_horiz
it's right sir, its already in admin account, i tried to restore it last night but it's no use.+
Sad tearing

more_horiz
i'm thinking of repairing my XP but would it affect all my other programs installed? I've already backed up my files on my other drives though. :hmm:

more_horiz
Hello.
We don't need a repair install to change some policies.

• Now open a new notepad file.
  • Input this into the notepad file:

regedit /e peek1.txt "HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System"
    regedit /e peek2.txt "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System"
    type peek1.txt >> look.txt
    type peek2.txt >> look.txt
    del peek*.txt
    start notepad look.txt

• Save this as look.bat, save it to your desktop.
  • Double click look.bat to run it.
  • Copy and paste the report back here.

more_horiz
copy, thanks...
+ Smile...
i think i just solved its prob last night, i use restrictions removal tool, and it worked.
still i want you to look at my system
i'll post my high jack this file tomorrow Cheesy Grin (sparkly :hmm: My Buddy

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum