WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

What Gives? Odd event errors and random crashes

3 posters

descriptionSolvedRe: What Gives? Odd event errors and random crashes

more_horiz
That is if you want to try and see if WOW works.

more_horiz
I am running the newest expansion and SP3 is required in order for it to work. I got to thinking though; I replaced my graphics card a few months back, since the old one got hot and the fan fell off. I guess you could say it burned up. I installed all the software that cam with the video card etc. I'm wondering if there could be some interference from that. Otherwise I'm completely clueless. Is there a way to repair or reinstall all of my service host management programs without having to format my hard drive?

more_horiz
OK. I playing WoW too. Had same problem.

• Go inside your WoW Folder. Most like C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft.
  • Find folder with this name " WTF" and another " Cashe".
  • Select both of them , holding CTRL and click on them, and hit " Delete" on your keyboard, or delete one by one.
  • Now start WoW.exe and play !

more_horiz
did that didn't help the problem. I do thank you for your advice though, I'll give it another try.

more_horiz
Do you have last Driver for your Graphic Card ? Ar you sure game work fine to your friend ?

more_horiz
I updated a bunch of drivers last night. When updating to the latest driver for my graphics card WOW wouldn't work at all said it was an unsupported graphics display, whatever that means. I am going to delete the WTF files and Cache again since I updated multiple drivers. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for your help on this. Hopefully it will work itself out soon.

more_horiz
OK. Or better to delete whole WoW, and install it again.

more_horiz
Men i have solution for your problem, maybe it works !

• Go inside your WoW folder.
  • Find "Repair.exe" and Run it with double- left click.
  • Mark all on list.
  • Click on " Reset and Check files "
  • Wait 10 min and try to run WoW again.
  • Delete your Cashe and WTF folder again.

more_horiz
I'll try this too, I would like to explore options before doing a clean install. I somehow feel it will take forever for all of the updates to download. It just seems I'm running out of options, and Blizzard is no help.

more_horiz
Blizzard won't help, i'm sure LMBO or ROFL

more_horiz
It's still happening. I read on the WoW Forums that if I disable my sound and run in windowed mode vs full screen it would help. I also followed all of Blizzard's Tech Fixes. It seems that there are more than 1000 people posting on this same issue and it appears to be the result of one of their patches. I did get 2 hours of play before it crashed.

more_horiz
Which patch you have now ?

more_horiz
I found a work around and haven't had any problems since I tried this. I had to of all things underclock my graphics card. That's right underclock. If other people have this problem and have gone through all of Blizzards fixes try this as a last resort. I used Rivatuner to make the changes so pass it along. I appreciate your help in this matter. Thank you!!!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum