WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionAres won't connect EmptyAres won't connect

more_horiz
I downloaded ares, and it wouldn't connect today. I tried everything, changing my folder, my username, nothing worked. Any suggestions?

descriptionAres won't connect EmptyRe: Ares won't connect

more_horiz
There are several possibilities that causes this.

- You could be running a firewall that's preventing Ares from connecting properly. If you are using programs such as Norton, try lowering your security settings.
# If you have Windows XP, disable the XP firewall in the systems settings in the control panel (but remember to turn it back on if this does not work for you).
- Exit Ares and wait a minute or two. Load the program again.
- Be sure that the "Auto-Connect to network..." option is checked in the Control Panel (On the "General" tab).
- You may be running an old version of Ares. Uninstall the program completely. Restart your computer. then try running the program again.

in 2958 you may go in CONTROL PANEL-SKINS then click Ares

- Due to development, Ares may take an abnormal time to connect to nodes. So instead of connecting instantaneously, it "sits" there on connecting. Be patient and allow Ares to take the necessary time to try to connect.
- If Ares takes a questionable (30 minutes or more) time to connect, there could be some network issues. Exit the program. Wait. Then try to connect again--this problem (which is the most common) naturally fixes itself after some time. Do not disturb this process by installing and uninstalling Ares without actually giving it a chance. There have even been isolated reports of Ares taking as long as a day to configure correctly. This is extremely rare, but it can happen.

more_horiz
Thanks. I disabled my firewall, but it's still not connecting :/ Idk what to do.

more_horiz
Ok... another thing is to install the patch for Windows XP SP 2.

This update helps resolve an issue on computers running Windows XP SP 2. Programs that connect to IP addresses in the loopback address range may not work as expected and you may receive an error message indicating you cannot establish a connection. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

Download:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?amp;displaylang=en&familyid=17D997D2-5034-4BBB-B74D-AD8430A1F7C8&displaylang=en

File name as follows : WindowsXP-KB884020-x86-enu.exe

more_horiz
I downloaded the update for windows xp service pack, but it says that I already have that update. And It's still not connecting

more_horiz
Many people have this problem with ares which hasn't been solved... I think you have to wait for the next version.

more_horiz
Which version?

http://aresgalaxy.sourceforge.net/

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum