WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionGoogle's Gmail Goggles: Goodbye to Web rage EmptyGoogle's Gmail Goggles: Goodbye to Web rage

more_horiz
Gmail's new feature may save you from those hasty/nasty/vindictive/drunk e-mails you really shouldn't send

(CIO) Gmail, Google's free consumer e-mail, added a unique new feature to the service Monday: Mail Goggles, which gives you the ability to double-check whether you are really sure you want to send an e-mail message, particularly late at night. But the feature might also help business users of enterprise Gmail make better decisions about sending vindictive or hastily composed e-mails to co-workers.

The talk on the blogs and news sites that cover Google centered around the notion that Mail Goggles would prevent you from sending e-mails to ex-girlfriends or boyfriends while drunk on the weekends. In fact, the Google developer who made Mail Goggles used that as an example in his blog post announcing the new feature.

But his post, the name of the feature itself and the ensuing witty blog discourse might undersell another e-mail faux pas that Mail Goggles could prevent: Web rage, which often occurs late night and often not under the influence of eight shots of Patron.

Here's how Mail Goggles works: It allows you to preset what times you want Gmail to double-check if you're sure you want to send an e-mail. (You can add Mail Goggles by going to "Settings" in the right-hand corner of Gmail and then clicking on the "Labs" tab, where it is listed as a new feature.) If you enable the feature, it will default to double-checking with you that you want to send e-mails in the wee hours of Friday and Saturday by making you solve some simple math problems before you can send.

More: http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9116578&source=NLT_AM&nlid=1

descriptionGoogle's Gmail Goggles: Goodbye to Web rage EmptyRe: Google's Gmail Goggles: Goodbye to Web rage

more_horiz
HaHaha
I was reading this last week, tho im sure that if i was to be sending an email to an ex loved one or a hate mail to a colleague i'll sit there all night and work out the maths questions, no matter how much the vodka is working against me.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum