WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionMicrosoft's IE market share drops again EmptyMicrosoft's IE market share drops again

more_horiz
Firefox, Safari and Opera all post gains; future cloudy with arrival of Chrome

(Computerworld) Microsoft Corp.'s Internet Explorer lost nearly a full percentage point in market share during August, the browser's biggest drop in three months, a Web metrics firm said today.

IE's rivals -- Mozilla Corp.'s Firefox, Apple Inc.'s Safari and Opera Software ASA's Opera -- all extended their shares at IE's expense last month.

But all those browsers, Microsoft's included, now face competition from Google Inc., which yesterday launched a new browser, dubbed Chrome, that immediately grabbed 1% of the market, Net Applications Inc. said today.

According to the company, IE accounted for 72.2% of the browsers used in August to access the 40,000-plus sites Net Applications monitors. That was a drop of about 0.9 percentage points from July and a departure from the month before, when IE maintained its share for just the third time in the past year.

IE's August drop was the second largest for the year, lower only than May's 1.1-percentage-point fall.

"I can't really explain what happened," admitted Vince Vizzaccaro, Net Applications' executive vice president of ...........

More: http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9114050&source=NLT_PM&nlid=8

descriptionMicrosoft's IE market share drops again EmptyRe: Microsoft's IE market share drops again

more_horiz
Hahaha. LMBO or ROFL

That really is all I can say. I'm not suprised it's falling, and it's gonna keep on falling.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum