WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Microsoft Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Highjacked My Windows 10 Gateway PC

3 posters

descriptionMicrosoft Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Highjacked My Windows 10 Gateway PC - Page 2 EmptyRe: Microsoft Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Highjacked My Windows 10 Gateway PC

more_horiz
Hi FreeBooter,
I did that and the RUFUS program created a flash drive. While I was at it, I also created a DVD boot disk by using the Win10 utility. Neither boot method brought me to an install screen, the normal Win10 boot up happened.

I looked at the materials on the PC used to create them. The Windows.iso file properties show 3.80 GB. The Flash drive shows as ESD-ISO in File Explorer with 3.80 GB used. There are four folders: boot, efi, sources, support. There are four files: autorun, bootmgr, bootmgr.efi, setup. The DVD shows as DVD RW Drive ESD-ISO and has the same 3.80 GB used and the same folders and files.

When booting on the same PC used to create the disk; I heard activity from the DVD drive, but then the normal Win10 system booted up. The .iso disk did not bring up an install menu.

I'm guessing the boot process failed on the DVD and then resorted to HD.

What should I do now?

descriptionMicrosoft Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Highjacked My Windows 10 Gateway PC - Page 2 EmptyRe: Microsoft Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Highjacked My Windows 10 Gateway PC

more_horiz
Hi @vistahell

There is two ways you can use RUFUS to create Windows installation USB flash drive, if your computer booting from UEFI firmware make sure to create Windows installation USB flash drive UEFI compatible from RUFUS program. You can test to make sure Windows installation USB flash drive is bootable by using Qemu Simple Boot program.

How to Clean Install Windows Directly from the Hard Disk Drive
https://geekpolice.forumotion.com/t30783-how-to-clean-install-windows-directly-from-the-hard-disk-drive

How to Reset Windows 10 PC
https://geekpolice.forumotion.com/t30775-how-to-reset-windows-10-pc
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum