WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

I think i have malware... please help

3 posters

descriptionI think i have malware... please help - Page 2 EmptyRe: I think i have malware... please help

more_horiz
Thanks ill run that test in the morning,

On a side note, i created another user account on my pc, and set the account to have admin permissions,
when i login to that account, all folders etc open perfectly fine without any issues, and open super quick just like they did before this problem started.

descriptionI think i have malware... please help - Page 2 EmptyRe: I think i have malware... please help

more_horiz
fubar1010 wrote:
Thanks ill run that test in the morning,

On a side note, i created another user account on my pc, and set the account to have admin permissions,
when i login to that account, all folders etc open perfectly fine without any issues, and open super quick just like they did before this problem started.

You have found the solution to your problem.

more_horiz
If i just use the new account, will i have access to EVERYTHING from the first account?

more_horiz
Hi @fubar1010

Have you deleted thumbnail caches to find out if issue resolves?

Yes you will able to access all your old account files if you have permission to do so.

more_horiz
I have done a disk cleanup and selected thumbnails, still no joy

The new account i created, i have set it with Administrator access, is there anything else i need to do?

more_horiz
Navigate to C:\Users\ folder to access personal files from your old user profile .

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum