GeekPolice Tech TutorialsLog in

Excruciatingly slow boot time, internet also lagging badly

descriptionSolvedRe: Excruciatingly slow boot time, internet also lagging badly

more_horiz
Fantastic, if you can post a screenshot of finish output of the Chkdsk command.

more_horiz
Alrighty, I will.  Looks like it’ll take a while, it’s only 3% done

more_horiz
Hey so it FINALLY finished, like 6 hours later...  Sorry for the quality, but I wasn't sure if a screenshot would work when in this mode so I took a pic instead.

What now?  Problem is not solved, boot still took a while, though I forgot to time it.  It's still at least the 6 and a half mins though.

more_horiz
What is brand name and module number of your computer?

more_horiz
Asus FX53V

more_horiz
Is this your laptop?

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ASUS-FX553VD/

more_horiz
Almost.  Mine doesn't have i7, it only has i5.  It looks almost the same, like a less good version of that one.

I found the bestbuy listing, here:  https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/asus-asus-fx53-15-6-gaming-laptop-black-red-intel-core-i5-7300hq-1tb-hdd-12gb-ram-windows-10-fx53vd-bs51-cb/10573737.aspx

more_horiz
Can you please visit Asus support site and install drivers for your laptop.

https://www.asus.com/us/support/

more_horiz
How do I install the drivers?  I've downloaded some of them and extracted the .zip files but I dont see them where I extracted them to (in the downloads folder)

more_horiz
Can you give me the link to Asus support site and let me know which driver you are trying to install.

Press Windows key + X.
Click Device Manager.
Once device manager is open, select the device, right click it and click Update Driver Software. This will launch the update driver software wizard, which presents two options:
Search automatically for updated driver software – its possible Windows might have the driver software if you have not checked it yet, if its taking too long, then the next option is usually best.
Browse my computer for driver software – if there is a compatible driver and you already have the driver files, then all you need to do is point to it and Windows automatically install it for you.

Here select to use an existing driver, browse to where the driver package is located on your computer, whether that is a partition, network share, thumb-drive or install disc. Make sure the option to Include subfolders is checked. Click Next and wait while the wizard completes the installation.

more_horiz
https://www.asus.com/us/supportonly/FX53VD/HelpDesk_Download/

Okay.  I don't have enough time to do them all now, but I will continue later after I work.

more_horiz
I understand.

more_horiz
If there is executable setup file for a driver double click it to install the driver. If there is no executable setup file then use the Device Manager to install the driver.

more_horiz
Okay the two I had time for were the firmware (BIOS) one and the nvidia one.  When I tried to update the firmware one it said that the best ones are already installed.    The nvidia one updated with the driver that I downloaded.

more_horiz
The best one already installed means that the currently installed a driver or firmware upgrade have the same version as the one you trying to install.

Skip the ones you get best one installed massage.

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum