2 posters

descriptionSolvedRe: Excruciatingly slow boot time, internet also lagging badly

more_horiz
Okay, the sfc one is complete.   The result:

"Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

Next one is running now.

more_horiz
Thank you for sharing the finish output of the commands. The output of the SFC command indicates there are no corrupted Windows system files.

more_horiz
Excruciatingly slow boot time, internet also lagging badly - Page 4 Sfcdis10

There's the result of the second.

Running the third now.

more_horiz
Excruciatingly slow boot time, internet also lagging badly - Page 4 Chkdsk10

This is what I got when I entered the last one.   What's NTFS?  Should I hit Y?

more_horiz
The third command you will be ask you too schedule a error checking C: partition press Y key and restart your computer. The error checking can take some time to finish.

Edit: NTFS is a file system use to store data on a partition.

more_horiz
Okay, I restarted after hitting Y.

Nothing popped up or anything once Windows loaded... does that mean its okay?   (Boot time is still long)

more_horiz
You mean there was no error checking of C: partition after you restarted your computer if yes then try the Chkdsk C: /r command again.

more_horiz
I don't know if it did it, I hit Y and then enter when I ran it, and it said it would be run when I restarted my computer.

I just mean nothing popped up when I logged in again after restart, saying it had happened... is there usually something that pops up indicating that it's been done?

more_horiz
Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows logo + R keys on your keyboards. Type “eventvwr.msc” and click the “OK’’ button.
Event Viewer window will appear on the screen. Click on “Windows Logs” from the left pane of the window.
Now look for “Applications” and right-click on it.
It will open another menu where you can choose the “Filter Current Log” option. Click on that so you can then choose the log you want to see.
From the Event sources drop-down menu, check the box next to “Chkdsk”.
Scroll down to reach the bottom of the list and check a checkmark in the box next to “wininit” as well. You will also want to include the wininit logs.
Close the drop-down and then click on the “OK” button for the Event Viewer to get the options that you just choose above.

You will now see the information log. Click to check it. Double-click on it. All of the information that was initially available from the Command Prompt window after running the Check Disk system tool is now available in the Event Properties window.

If you can post a screenshot of the chkdsk log.

more_horiz
Excruciatingly slow boot time, internet also lagging badly - Page 4 Eventv10

I can get as far as this step, but the "event sources" drop down isn't actually a drop down, when I click the triangle beside it, nothing happens at all.  Same with the other drop down menu on that page.  Should I just type "chkdsk" on the event sources thing?

Edit: Do I have to pick an "event level" for it to work?

more_horiz
I have no problem i don't know why it wont work for you.

Excruciatingly slow boot time, internet also lagging badly - Page 4 RcIr62g

Give me few minutes for me to write you instruction on how to ran Chkdsk from Windows Recovery Environment.

more_horiz
*sigh* I'm sorry.  I don't know why my computer is being such a pain in the a**.  This is so freaking frustrating.

more_horiz
Have you found the Chkdsk log?

more_horiz
In Windows 10 click Excruciatingly slow boot time, internet also lagging badly - Page 4 WJLHL2N and click the Power icon hold down Shift key and click Restart. This make your computer boot into Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE).

To access WinRE from Windows 10 click “Troubleshoot”.

Excruciatingly slow boot time, internet also lagging badly - Page 4 BnA0IFb

After you click Troubleshoot the Troubleshoot screen appears.

Excruciatingly slow boot time, internet also lagging badly - Page 4 VWLtwEw

Click “Advanced options” on the Troubleshoot screen to access more WinRE recovery utility’s in “Advanced options” screen.

Excruciatingly slow boot time, internet also lagging badly - Page 4 Hn5gZ2W

Please type below command into Command Prompt and press Enter key.

Following command will fixes errors on the disk and locates bad sectors and recovers readable information.

Code:

Chkdsk D: /r

Please replace partition letter D: with Windows installed partition letter.  When computer boots into Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) environment the drive letter assign to Windows partition may not be C: drive letter because Windows 7, 8 , 8.1 and 10 creates a separate system partition when it's installed from scratch. The system partition contains boot files WinRE assigns the system partition the C: drive letter and the Windows installed partition will be assign any other drive letter usually D: drive letter is assign to Windows installed partition. The Bcdedit /enum | find "osdevice" command can be use to find out the drive letter of the Windows installed partition the output of the Bcdedit command is similar to this osdevice partition=D:. The drive letter after partition= is the drive letter of the Windows partition.

more_horiz
Okay I did all that, it’s definitely running for sure now

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum