GeekPolice Tech TutorialsLog in

Excruciatingly slow boot time, internet also lagging badly

descriptionSolvedRe: Excruciatingly slow boot time, internet also lagging badly

more_horiz
Sorry for my late reply i was busy, please let us know the result of the upgrade, also if you need any help we'll be here for you!

Good Luck!

more_horiz
Hi, so...

I downloaded the newest windows update from the website, and my computer went through a lengthy installation process...

And yet, when I do the winver thing, it still says it's version 1709.   I noticed that in my sidebar, it says "could not finish installing updates" or something like that.  So I went into the Windows Update section of my computer settings and it says has this:

I don't know what those bottom two are.  But the first one... 0% downloaded?!  Then what the heck did I download and install?   I'm so confused

more_horiz
Well yes some how you did not install latest version of Windows 10, the Windows Update downloading and will ask you to install latest version of Windows 10.  The latest version of Windows 10 is version 1803.

more_horiz
Can you please tell me the download status of Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803?

more_horiz

I DID download/try to install it, but it apparently couldn't install for whatever reason, I have no idea e_o

more_horiz
Please execute the batch script from below link and attach the .zip archive folder this script will create.

http://geekpolice.forumotion.com/t31248-windows-10-upgrade-setup-log-files-collector-batch-script

more_horiz
Now? Or after it installs?

more_horiz
You said upgrade failed when it does i want you to follow the instructions at below link. I know its not the batch script but i just remembered Microsoft have this utility.

http://geekpolice.forumotion.com/t31545-how-to-use-setupdiag-to-diagnose-windows-10-upgrade-issues

more_horiz
Okay well we’ll see if it fails this time, it’s not at 100% yet.  I’ll let you know as soon as it finishes

more_horiz
Please do, thank you!

more_horiz
It got to 100% installed and just asked me to restart so we’ll see what happens this time.   I really hope it works. -_-

more_horiz
Did the boot time improved?

more_horiz
Not yet.  It’s currently doing its updating thing and repeatedly restarting and every time it takes 6 and a half minutes or so ;_;

more_horiz
Lets wait for the upgrade to finish and hopefully issue will be resolved if not then we will know its not Windows OS that's causing the slow boot problem.

more_horiz
So the upgrade finally finished, and it seems to have installed properly (it finally says I have version 1803).   However, boot time is exactly the same *sigh*

Do you still want me to do that last link you posted?  Or the thing before that?

I still think it's the last update (the most recent adobe security one) but I tried deleting it yesterday and it didnt change anything (and now it's re-installed itself -_-).   Ugh this is so frustrating.

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum