What is Bluetooth
Bluetooth wireless networking technology provides short-range communications between two or more devices. It is a low-cost networking solution widely used in telephones, entertainment systems, and computers. It is designed to overcome the limitations of IrDA technology. The following are some of the key characteristics of Bluetooth-based wireless communications:
• It supports transmission speeds from 1 Mbps (Bluetooth 1.0) to 3 Mbps (Bluetooth 2.0) over the unlicensed frequency range of 2.4 GHz.
• The devices must be within a short range of less than 10 meters.
• It offers high resistance to electromagnetic interferences.
• Unlike the Infrared signals, it does not require direct line of sight.
• It consumes very low power.
• Two or more Bluetooth computers form an ad-hoc wireless network.
Did you find this tutorial helpful? Don’t forget to share your views with us.