WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionPrevention of Changes to System EmptyPrevention of Changes to System

more_horiz
Curious what tools are being used for prevention of changes to systems?

Back in the day I use to use Spybot S&D TeaTimer then I found WinPatrol and was using that which prompts you for "are you sure you want something as alerted to you to make specific changes" And a yes or no option. Its really neat that they have detected where a script or background service wants to all of a sudden make itself at home and change registry settings etc.

Curious if there are other tools out there to protect systems beyond just a antivirus and Winpatrol or if your using something other than Winpatrol so I can check that out as maybe a replacement to Winpatrol.

descriptionPrevention of Changes to System EmptyRe: Prevention of Changes to System

more_horiz
By who is it programs or users making the changes?

descriptionPrevention of Changes to System EmptyRe: Prevention of Changes to System

more_horiz
TeaTimer and WinPatrol were used to be made aware of when some program or script when online wanted to make a change to your system. You then are prompted to allow or block it.

more_horiz
User Account Control or UAC for short is a security feature of Windows which helps prevent unauthorized changes to the operating system. These changes can be initiated by applications, users, viruses or other forms of malware.

What is UAC (User Account Control)

The principle of least privilege dictates that individuals should have only the minimum level of access necessary for them to complete the responsibilities of their jobs. This limits the likelihood of malfeasance by restricting the types of actions that an individual can take. Least privilege is often implemented through the use of role-based access controls. The role-based access control (RBAC) is an approach to restricting system access to authorized users. It is used by the majority of enterprises with more than 500 employees, and can implement mandatory access control (MAC) or discretionary access control (DAC).

OverView of Mandatory, Discretionary, Role and Rule Based Access Control Models

more_horiz
Friend of mind named Aura have suggested a security tip and software you might want to use, please visit below links.

https://help.comodo.com/topic-72-1-451-4760-.html

https://voodooshield.com/

more_horiz
Thank You for the 2 links. Going to check further into them when I get home from work.  Prevention of Changes to System 1f60e

more_horiz
You are very welcome!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum