GeekPolice Tech TutorialsLog in

descriptionPrinting from Dell 7480 - WIn 10 to Canon Image Runner 4535I using Generic PCL Driver - Jumbled Print

more_horiz
Hi How are you ? Great I hope 

I am having an issue trying to where when Printing from Dell 7480 - WIn 10 to Canon Canon Image Runner 4535I   using Generic PCL Driver - the print is Jumbled. this is a network printer where some our main applications needs a generic driver, I have tried removing & reinstalling the driver, adjusted the print properties/preferences see attached, any suggestions of how to correct this besides changing driver?

See attached example

Thanks & Have a great weekend !

Tony S
Attachments
Canon IR 4535i Jumbled print example.pdf

You don't have permission to download attachments.

(43 Kb) Downloaded 2 times

descriptionRe: Printing from Dell 7480 - WIn 10 to Canon Image Runner 4535I using Generic PCL Driver - Jumbled Print

more_horiz
Hi @tsutton2008

Have you installed the driver from below page.

Have you tried previous version of this driver maybe latest version of the driver is buggy.

When installing the driver follow the installation instructions, link is below.

Setup the driver using the User's Guide instructions, link is below.

[Windows 64bit] Generic PCL6 Printer Driver V3.11

Cautions Regarding the Canon Generic PCL6 Driver

Windows Generic Plus PCL6 Printer Driver Installation Guide .

Windows Generic Plus PCL6 Printer Driver User's Guide

[Device Settings] Tab (Settings)

If the driver is buggy not much can be done other than wait for new release of the driver or try the previous version of the driver.

Last edited by FreeBooter on 8th April 2018, 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionRe: Printing from Dell 7480 - WIn 10 to Canon Image Runner 4535I using Generic PCL Driver - Jumbled Print

more_horiz
Hello there, FreeBooter asked me to comment...

In addition to above information, the printer will probably need calibrated.

Information
This tutorial is trusted and might help you with this... If it doesn't work, then we can manually calibrate it, it just may take a longer time trying to give you instruction on it.

Tip
There are times when you may have to update your monitor driver at the same time as your printer driver, due to calibration changes. You may also find that calibrating your printer involves calibrating the monitor first to ensure proper color calibration.

more_horiz
Hi Dr Jay,

How are you ? Great I hope ! Thanks for you input ! i will check with my infrastructure team to verify if the generic driver is for 64 bit machines, i did verify from test print it is V3.11 I will also suggest installing an older or newer version of the driver. Remember this will affect a whole office of employees because the driver is pulled from the network default.

Great stuff !

Thanks & have a great week !

Tony Sutton

more_horiz
Hi Tony, please be careful next time to notify us right away that it will affect a whole office, as this can be more critical of an issue. Driver mapping is more advanced level of tier for tech support, and our IT team here can only provide limited support due to the scope of the infrastructure. Is this a small office? If it is a small office and the fact it is only printing affected, we will still help as much as we can.

Is the driver mapping the same on all PCs? Do all PCs obtain the same driver info from the network - as in a single-sign-on system works or a network OS? Then, Are they all running the same OS?

If the driver mapping is the same, and all have the same OS, proceed to this list diagram I just created:

1. If driver maps are set up the same (meaning you check the version being distributed to each PC) and same OS, proceed to step 2.

2. Check network printer for problems... This is in the manual for testing and diagnosing. Also check data cables, check paper alignment, check print heads (physically each of them)... If the manual does not say otherwise, take an alcohol wipe to each print head and swipe over them once (with gloves on preferably to avoid ink mess).

3. Print three test pages, each different documents. Compare results. If one test page is successful, go to step 4. If all three are successful, you are done. If none are successful, go back to step 1 and begin again with diagnosing driver. Keep changing driver versions until one cooperates. If all is lost, contact Canon for further support.

4. From one of the PCs on the network, print a full size image, if possible, and look for print errors (instead of printing characters, you are printing image data). Once you do that, scan or take a photo of that and upload here for further examination. That way we have example of character set (which you already provided) and example of image set (which we need for helping further diagnose).
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum