WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Windows 10 0xc000000e Bootup error

2 posters

descriptionSolvedRe: Windows 10 0xc000000e Bootup error

more_horiz
I can see you are very good with executing commands that was fast thank you.

We have to deal with system partition not having assigned any partition letter then rebuild BCD store.

Please give me few minutes for me to write you a guide on how to do that.

more_horiz
okay ill have to do this tomorrow now, given the time, thank you for your help so far.

more_horiz
You are very welcome, i have different way of repairing system boot files stored at system partition .

You will have to use Diskpart command to find out the System Reserved partition assigned number.
The output of the below commands may display the name of the System Reserved partition as only System or ESP.

Type diskpart and press Enter.
   Type list volume and press Enter.
   Under the label row, find the label System Reserved and note its corresponding Volume number.
   Now type select Volume=N and press Enter, where N is the Volume number you noted earlier.
   Now type assign letter=w and press Enter.
   Type exit and press Enter.
   Type bcdboot C:\Windows /s w: /f ALL and press Enter.

Please replace partition letter C: with Windows installed partition letter.  When computer boots into Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) environment the drive letter assign to Windows partition may not be C: drive letter because Windows 7, 8 , 8.1 and 10 creates a separate system partition when it's installed from scratch. The system partition contains boot files WinRE assigns the system partition the C: drive letter and the Windows installed partition will be assign any other drive letter usually D: drive letter is assign to Windows installed partition. The Bcdedit /enum | find "osdevice" command can be use to find out the drive letter of the Windows installed partition the output of the Bcdedit command is similar to this osdevice partition=D:. The drive letter after partition= is the drive letter of the Windows partition.

more_horiz
Hi,

I have entered list volume, I cannot see anything referring to 'system reserved'

https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/88/98/09/list_v10.png

more_horiz
Hi @Robcrook101,

Its Volume 3 with FAT32 file system, 100MB partition size and Info section list it as a System.

more_horiz
okay sorry, 

thanks now I have done the code and says boot files successfully created 

Type bcdboot C:\Windows /s w: /f ALL and press Enter.

C:\Windows\system32>bcdboot C:\Windows /s w: /f ALL
Boot files successfully created.

more_horiz
Please restart your computer to find out issue resolved.

more_horiz
sadly issue came up straight away.

more_horiz
Is it the same error message if its follow the instructions at below tutorial. Any questions please let me know!

How to Rebuild Boot Configuration Data (BCD) on Windows

more_horiz
yes same error message 0xc000000e winload.efi

more_horiz
Okay thank you follow the instructions at the tutorial.

more_horiz
I followed the instructions worked fine until step 15 then it didn't recognise the info and the following 16 didn't work, 17 did so I would guess I would need to do this again if so?

more_horiz
Can you check and see if System volume have been assigned a drive letter if not assign a drive letter to System volume and follow the instructions starting from step 15.

Type diskpart and press Enter.

Type list volume and press Enter.

Under the label row, find the label System Reserved and note its corresponding Volume number.

Select Volume=N and press Enter, where N is the Volume number you noted earlier.

Now type assign letter=w and press Enter.

Type exit and press Enter.

Follow the instructions starting from step 15.

more_horiz
When you assign a drive letter (W) or any other drive letter use this drive letter starting from step 15.

more_horiz
Okay back to step 15 so instead of C:\ should I be in W? Or instead of attrib C:\ it should be W:\ ?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum