GeekPolice Tech TutorialsLog in

Multiple issues

descriptionRe: Multiple issues

more_horiz
Hi @Voods

Thank you for getting back to us, if you like i can help you resolve the issues you are having.

If you want more assistance can you please let us know which issues you want us to assist you with.

Time to time waking computer from sleep may fail it does happens to me too.

more_horiz
Thanks for the reply.

The issues seem to be application loading times, including browser/explorer.  The two mentioned load as if it was loading a picture on dial up  connection in the old days.  There can be up to 3-4 second delay sometimes when using right-click commands or clicking the start menu.  Apps take some time to open when clicking the icon in the notification area, also lags when closing an app.  
 From our last clean up, I now have all the bar minimum services or process heavy elements, no fancy graphics or wallpapers.  

Hope you can get the gist from that

Many thanks

more_horiz
Is the problem happening with all installed programs and web browsers?

Have you test your broadband internet speed?

more_horiz
I have tested the broadband speed, it's just on my system.  Any program browser also, even tried disabling the plugins.  It happens with windows explorer too, folders and folder trees. 
Any other possible hardware issues it could be aside from ram/disk?

more_horiz
Please boot your computer into Safe Mode and let us know if the issue resolved or not.

Boot Windows 7 into Safe Mode

1. Immediately after the computer is powered on or restarted (usually after you hear your computer beep), tap the F8 key in 1 second intervals.

2. After your computer displays hardware information and runs a memory test, the Advanced Boot Options menu will appear.

3. Use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode and press Enter key.

more_horiz
Just doing that now.

more_horiz
Thanks for the update!

more_horiz
Hi @Voods

How is everything progressing, do you need more assistant on this issue?

more_horiz
Apologies for the delay.

In safe mode with and without networking, it appears to run the same, also there was no issue with the memory modules after testing.
 To give an impression of my frustration, I fell like giving it a whack.

more_horiz
Can we confirm that your computer is not infected with malware infection, if you agree with me then please post to your malware removal thread for malware infection checkup.

more_horiz
No problem at all, I can do that, but i'm sure Superdave thought it wasn't malware related, but more than happy to have it double checked.
Could you point me to my original topic please, as it seems to be lost in the wilderness.

Many thanks

more_horiz
Looks like Superdave locked your thread you can ask him to unlock the thread or start a new one you choice.

more_horiz
For some reason when i was searching your posted threads i seen your thread locked now i checked its not so here is the link.

http://www.geekpolice.net/t31350-multiple-issues

more_horiz
Brilliant.  I will post a quick message now! Thanks again.

more_horiz
You are very welcome, please let me know the result of the scans!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum