WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Multiple issues

2 posters

descriptionMultiple issues - Page 5 EmptyRe: Multiple issues

more_horiz
Please give me little time to write you instructions on how you can download and mount Windows 7 ISO image.

more_horiz
You can use Magical Jelly Bean to view your Windows product key if that is Windows already activated.

Download Windows 7 Disc Images (ISO Files) from Microsoft server using your Windows retail product key.

If you have a OEM product key then download the Windows 7 Professional ISO image from below link.

Windows 7 Professional Free Download ISO 32/64-bit

You may have to uninstall Service Pack 1 as this Windows 7 ISO image does not have Service Pack 1 integrated in ISO image.

You will need to mount the Windows 7 ISO image and double click the Setup.exe file to start repair install (in-Place Upgrade) process.

You can use WinCDEmu to mount the Windows 7 ISO image.

Install WinCDEmu and give it permission to install the hardware driver it requires. After you do, just double-click a disc image file to mount it. You can also right-click a disc image file and click “Select drive letter & mount” in the context menu.

To unmount the disc image when you’re done, right-click the virtual disc drive and select “Eject”.

Multiple issues - Page 5 Ximg_58420981400ba.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+ws+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.FySXWqmGga

If you have any questions please let me know!

more_horiz
Thanks for that info.  I will work on this through the night and get back to you tomorrow morning with the results, unless it comes together sooner.
Thanks again for your patience.
Regards

more_horiz
You are very welcome!

more_horiz
Right, I’ve done those steps. CD player works, I can now update windows so far, the main error messages have disappeared. I can also run and install malware bytes. Only issue remaining on this short test is.. a very slow start up, with few programs loading, and the sleep issue. My system froze when trying to resume from sleep.

more_horiz
Fantastic, lets now deal with those remaining issues.

Please follow the instructions at below tutorial to boost performance of Windows.

Tweaking & Optimizing Window Operating System

Have you installed latest device drivers?

If you have installed latest device drivers where did you obtain the latest device drivers from?

more_horiz
I've gone through all the options in the tweaking section, and carried out all which I already don't do.   Apart from disabling certain services, I know it lists which ones are safe to do so, but just want to check considering nearly got the laptop back to health.

I either updated the drivers through windows update, device manager, or direct from the Intel website.  All are up to date.

Many thanks

more_horiz
You only disable services that you don't use such as "Print Spooler" service if you don't have a printer you don't need this service running.

If your computer is not custom build computer then visit your computer manufacturer website to install latest stable device drivers also upgrade your BIOS firmware if there is a new version.

If your computer is custom build computer then visit your motherboard manufacturer website to install BIOS firmware if there is a new version and visit one at time all of the connected device manufacturer website to install there latest versions of device driver. For example if you have discrete graphic card connected like Nvidia graphic card visit Nvidia website.

Last edited by FreeBooter on 4th April 2018, 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Sorry @Voods, i have made few typo errors they are corrected now.

If you have any question let me know please.

more_horiz
Thanks for that, bios firmware is one I missed out.  There is still the issue of the system freezing when trying to resume from sleep, for the time being, I can't see anything else major. I shall monitor other issues over the next day or so.

more_horiz
I think you still need to install latest version of device drivers don't get confuse when Device Manager report your device drivers up to date they may not be as Device Manager checks Microsoft server to see any new device drivers and Microsoft not always have the latest device drivers. I think you said your computer is laptop then you should install device drivers from your laptop manufacturer website as long as there are new versions of the device drivers.  Also don't forget to install all Windows updates.

more_horiz
Right, i've most definitely installed the lates drivers, from the dell website.  Latest bios installed allbeit over a number of reboots.

Up to now all is good, I can now resume from sleep. I've created a restore point.  Installed the free version of Avira.  If all goes well over the next few days, i'd be a happy bunny, as all issues seem to be resolved. 
Wish I knew which specific action corrected each individual problem. I'll give an update after the weekend.

Many thanks again!!

more_horiz
We are glad to hear your issue has been resolved, thank you for letting us know that all is now well!

more_horiz
Do you still need help? We have not heard from you for a while... Please get back with us so we can assist you further!

more_horiz
Hi again

I just thought i'd give it a few days or so for a reliable update.  Everything seemed to run fine over the weekend, but things are starting to lag again, theres quite a delay sometimes, but not all the time, in applications/windows opening, or say, when click commands are operated.  The issue with resuming from sleep was fixed I thought, it's only failed once. I've done a disk check too, which I thought may of been an issue.  All being said, compared to before it's a massive improvement.

Regards
Dave

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum