Would you like to repair install Windows 7?
You DO preserve your user accounts, data, programs, and system drivers.
ITEMS THAT WILL BE RESET TO DEFAULT OR AFFECTED:
- Visual Effects Settings
- Device Drivers - Be sure to have these handy to reinstall. They do not always remain after the repair (upgrade) install.
- You may lose the ability to sign on to MSN Messenger, to solve this problem have a look at this thread Unable to sign in to WLM.
- You may lose your custom themes due to not having permisions set on the old themes. Go to the hidden themes folder at C:/Users/(User-Name)/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Themes, then Take Ownership of the themes folder and you will now have all your themes back.
- It has been reported that you may also lose your Media Center gadget after doing the repair install.
- Windows Updates will need to be checked and reinstalled again.
If you have SP1 installed, you must use a SP1 Windows disk. If you have 32bit installed, you must use a 32bit Windows 7 install disk.
Please follow the instructions at below link.https://www.pctechbytes.com/windows-7/windows-7-repair-install/