WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Multiple issues

2 posters

descriptionMultiple issues - Page 4 EmptyRe: Multiple issues

more_horiz
The windows update issues still seems to present, still won't resume from sleep.  Also still can't run malwarebytes.  Can't start the wmi service, if I try to I get the error message. 
"The executable program that this service is configured to run does not implemented the service"  
This also appears in all the options/categories when I run Speccy.

more_horiz
Would you like to repair install Windows 7?

You DO preserve your user accounts, data, programs, and system drivers.

ITEMS THAT WILL BE RESET TO DEFAULT OR AFFECTED:

•    Sounds

• Services

• Visual Effects Settings

• Device Drivers - Be sure to have these handy to reinstall. They do not always remain after the repair (upgrade) install.

• You may lose the ability to sign on to MSN Messenger, to solve this problem have a look at this thread Unable to sign in to WLM.

• You may lose your custom themes due to not having permisions set on the old themes. Go to the hidden themes folder at C:/Users/(User-Name)/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Themes, then Take Ownership of the themes folder and you will now have all your   themes back.

• It has been reported that you may also lose your Media Center gadget after doing the repair install.

• Windows Updates will need to be checked and reinstalled again.

If you have SP1 installed, you must use a SP1 Windows disk.  If you have 32bit installed, you must use a 32bit Windows 7 install disk.

Please follow the instructions at below link.

https://www.pctechbytes.com/windows-7/windows-7-repair-install/

more_horiz
How is everything progressing, do you need more assistant on this issue?

more_horiz
Sorry, was away for the rest of the day/evening.  I will investigate the repair option and report back to you.
Many thanks

more_horiz
Thank you!

more_horiz
I've tried to do the repair/install method.  But i'm still having the same issue with WIndows not recognising any dvd.  In explorer, it shows as a win 7 dvd and when you click properties it shows it is at full capacity, but when you try and open the disc, it treats it as  blank cd/dvd with the relevant options.
This happens with all the disks I have tried.

more_horiz
Does the CD/DVD optical drive work with other DVDs?

more_horiz
It works with film dvd, and other software cd's.  I've tried the windows.  I've tried the windows dvd in another machine and it's fine.  My dvd player itself works fine, ite detects what it is until you try and open it.
 Would the changing of those upper and lower registry values of affected this?

more_horiz
Well you were not suppose to delete upper and lower registry values for the CD/DVD optical drive have you?

more_horiz
Download Microsoft Fix it Center Portable utility it should have option to repair CD/DVD optical drive errors in Windows 7.

more_horiz
That was from when I was in the Malware section, don't kow if it was specific to the dvd, but I recall reading about it sometime ago.  It's the only major change I can think of as to why it's not working now.I'll try the fix it application now.

EDIT: I've tried the fixit app and I get an error with code 80072EFE   "we're sorry but the program encountered an error while trying to contact the server, please try again later"

more_horiz
Uninstall CD/DVD optical drive from Device Manager and restart your computer this will reinstall all missing registry values.

more_horiz
Hi Again

I've tried that option, but still to no avail.

more_horiz
Do you have Windows 7 retail product key?

more_horiz
I'm afraid not, just the cd, it was pre-installed on the laptop, there was a sticker on the laptop with it on, but that came off some time ago.  I did think about downloading the standalone iso package for windows.  I have sudden;y been able to install one of the updates that was failing though.  So something has changed along this process.

Regards

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum