WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Multiple issues

2 posters

descriptionMultiple issues - Page 3 EmptyRe: Multiple issues

more_horiz
I’m not sure what to do from there. As I can’t update the drivers, and the option to roll back the driver is greyed out. I’ve tried the standard reboot option.

more_horiz
Have you deleted UpperFilters and LowerFilters Registry Values in registry and restarted your computer. Are the error Code 31 still exist after you have deleted UpperFilters and LowerFilters Registry Values.

more_horiz
There are no upper or lower filters to delete from the selected registry entry as directed in the tutorial

more_horiz
Restore Windows to a date before uninstalling those two third-party programs. Press Windows + R keys to open Run box and type rstrui.exe and press Enter key. This will open System Restore tool.

more_horiz
I’ve tried that, and system restore can’t  be completed successfully. Error code 0x80070057

more_horiz
Do you have Window Installation DVD?

more_horiz
I can try and track it down, if not, what options are available? It will be somewhere, just case of locating imminently 

more_horiz
You can use Windows Installation DVD to try system restore again. Also i can guide you to replace corrupted registry hives with backup registry hives.

Do you have access to another working computer where you can create Windows Installation DVD?

Windows Installation DVD also can be use to repair install Windows while keeping your installed programs, personal files and most of your settings.

Can you again execute Sfc  /Scannow command, maybe there are corrupted system files need repairing.

Also boot your computer by tapping F8 key and from Advanced Boot Options menu and if there is a option to Repair your computer selected and press Enter key.

If you can boot your computer into Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) using Advanced Boot Options menu then try System Restore tool and Startup Repair tool.

more_horiz
Its late here i'm of the bed i see tomorrow.

more_horiz
No problem. Thanks very much. I have found the cd, after frantic searching.  I will try the repair/recovery environment option, if not will wait further instructions for using the installation cd. 
Kind regards 
Dave

more_horiz
In the meantime, I’ve tried the windows installation dvd. It only recognises it as a blank dvd, giving me the relative options. I can’t open the dvd with the contents in. On right clicking the dvd properties it shows the dvd is at full capacity and not empty.

EDIT: On the wireless issues, I have managed to find the drivers for my network adapter, and all seems to be good.  I have connectivity.

Last edited by Voods on 2nd April 2018, 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Further details)

more_horiz
Hi @Voods

Have you tried to restore Windows using System Restore tool from WinRE?

more_horiz
Okay i just notice you are saying you can now connect to internet if this is correct install latest versions of all device drivers. You can download the latest versions of device drivers from either device manufacturer website and your computer manufacturer website.

Edit: Use Removal tool for Kaspersky to make sure its uninstall completely.

Use ZoneAlarm Uninstall Tool to make sure its uninstall completely.

more_horiz
Ok, I will try that, and i'll use the removal tools also.  Upon reboot though, windows updates failed to install, I thought these had been removed.  It took the third boot attempt to load successfully.

more_horiz
Use the removal tools as those two programs may have not uninstall correctly. After using the tools and installing latest versions of device drivers check your system and let us know which problem still exist.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum