WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Win 10 boot fail: BSOD error 0xc000000e winload.efi not found

3 posters

descriptionSolvedRe: Win 10 boot fail: BSOD error 0xc000000e winload.efi not found

more_horiz
I ran the clean up utility but the folder windows.old as well as windows10Upgrade are there

descriptionSolvedRe: Win 10 boot fail: BSOD error 0xc000000e winload.efi not found

more_horiz
Delete them from Safe Mode.

Also delete that second entry from Msconfig and boot your computer into Windows Recovery Environment and execute below commands.

Code:

Bootrec  /ScanOs

Bootrec /RebuildBcd

Reboot your system.

more_horiz
How is everything progressing?

more_horiz
You'd laugh. I've been unable to delete windows.old, even from safe mode.  I'm changing the permissions now.

The good news is that the advice you have given me allowed me to fix the boot process (again) and it's booting up fine.

You are truly amazing.

more_horiz
Thank you!

How to Add “Take Ownership” to the Right-Click Menu in Windows Explorer

more_horiz
yes, finally
it seems all is now OK.  msconfig now shows correctly even after reboot.

I have no idea what could force it to hold onto the old windows like that.

In any case, once again, many, many thanks.  Your knowledge and patience are so very rare.

more_horiz
Thank you and you are very welcome!

descriptionSolved0xc000000e windows 10 bootup blue error screen

more_horiz
Hello,

I found this forum after many hours of trying to figure out the boot up error I have been receiving for months.

I am running out of options but I have seen a successful clearance of this issue and would like to end the misery for myself.

when I boot up daily I get the blue error 0xc000000e when I try to hit either of F1 F8 or any other option it generally attempts the screen flickers and It doesn't work, if I try the power on/off x3 it will boot up or if I try it twice login to the BIOS and exit it will restart and boot up but I cannot figure out what I need to do..

please can someone help me.

thank you

Rob

more_horiz
Hi @Robcrook101

Welcome to GeekPolice!

Can you please start your own thread i will assist you at your thread. Thank you!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum