GeekPolice Tech TutorialsLog in

Win 10 boot fail: BSOD error 0xc000000e winload.efi not found

descriptionSolvedRe: Win 10 boot fail: BSOD error 0xc000000e winload.efi not found

more_horiz

From Command Prompt execute below commands:

Code:

List Partition

Select Partition 3

Assign Letter=D

List Volume

Exit

bcdboot C:\Windows /s D: /f  ALL

You may need to replace C: drive letter with Windows OS installed partition drive letter.

descriptionSolvedRe: Win 10 boot fail: BSOD error 0xc000000e winload.efi not found

more_horiz

I think C:\windows is correct

I had to use S: but then it fails...  Did I type something incorrectly?

more_horiz
sorry, forgot to exit diskpart
Boot file successfully created

more_horiz
You have followed my instructions not correctly you have assigned a drive letter to System partition not a D: drive letter. You also executed Bcdboot command without exiting the Diskpart command.

more_horiz
Restart your computer lets hope Windows will boot.

more_horiz
when I tried to assign D: it said it was already in use
I'll reboot

more_horiz
Ok.

more_horiz

it has booted
I get the above options. The second one gives the same error, the first one has booted correct.

more_horiz
Boot to Windows 10 then open Msconfig and please post a screenshot of the Msconfig.

more_horiz
Forget to say which tab please post a screenshot of Boot tab.

more_horiz

msconfig general & boot

more_horiz
Select second entry Windows 10 (\Windows) and click Delete button. Click Apply and OK buttons to restart your computer.

more_horiz
booting now...and correclty.

you are amazing.

do you know why this happens?  It seems it's common but not everyone has it.

more_horiz
Tell you the true i have no idea why Windows update or which Windows update causing this error.

Don't forget to delete Windows.old folder when you are sure you don't want to revert back Windows 10 to version 1703 you can use Disk Cleanup wizard to delete upgrade files.

more_horiz
Thanks.

I use Acronis and do a full disk backup.  Do you think that I could have just restored the efi partition and it would have worked?

I really appreciate your time and your patience.  Many, many thanks.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum