GeekPolice Tech TutorialsLog in

Win 10 boot fail: BSOD error 0xc000000e winload.efi not found

descriptionSolvedRe: Win 10 boot fail: BSOD error 0xc000000e winload.efi not found

more_horiz
You are very welcome!

Lets hope today is your lucky day!

descriptionSolvedRe: Win 10 boot fail: BSOD error 0xc000000e winload.efi not found

more_horiz
I don't know if any help but I've enabled "system restore" and created a restore point.  Now all the new 1709 updates are installing.  Sorry this takes so long.

more_horiz
Thanks don't worry about it!

Yes we can use system restore tool to recover your computer only if nothing else works.

more_horiz
updated MS win 10 pro 64 to 1709 with associated other updates

system boots ok

Run MS config, select Safe Mode
System boots into Safe Mode ok
Run MS config, select Normal Start
System gets an error 0x000000e winload.efi is missing

This is the same error as I got during the last update attempt

descriptionSolvedAfter BSOD Sys restore fails

more_horiz

more_horiz
After booting into Safe Mode and the try a normal boot (no other changes) get this error...

more_horiz
Sys restore error

more_horiz
When in Safe Mode, attempted to run msconfig

more_horiz
Boot with USB
bootrec /scanos shows 2 installations  
1 c:\windows
2. C:\windows.old\windows

Tried bootrec /rebuildbcd
it also finds c:\windows  (I say yes)
then 2nd windows.old (I say no)

The system cannot find the path specified.

I'm stuck here and hope you an help

more_horiz
Hi @natzure

Please boot your computer with Windows Setup Media and from Windows Recovery Environment.

If you haven't use Automatic Repair (Startup Repair) if this tool wont work then start the Command Prompt.

Please execute following commands and post a screenshot of the commands outputs.

Code:

Diskpart

List Disk

List Volume

Select Disk X

List Partition

From List Disk command you will found out disk number assigned to Windows installed storage disk and replace X with this disk number.

more_horiz

let me know which disk to select

Cheers

more_horiz

with Disk 0 selected

more_horiz
You can know which disk to select by looking at Size of the disk from here it look like Disk 0 but i'm not sure.

more_horiz
yes, you're right. Disk 0 selected and more info posted.

more_horiz
Okay you have selected correct disk don't close the Command Prompt while i write you instructions.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum