WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Win 10 boot fail: BSOD error 0xc000000e winload.efi not found

3 posters

descriptionSolvedRe: Win 10 boot fail: BSOD error 0xc000000e winload.efi not found

more_horiz
Win 10 boot fail:  BSOD error 0xc000000e winload.efi not found   - Page 4 20180111

Thanks for the tutorial.  It was the quote icon that I was not using.
FCU is at 98%

descriptionSolvedRe: Win 10 boot fail: BSOD error 0xc000000e winload.efi not found

more_horiz
Please watch the screenshot of how to copy and paste the BBCode (Forums) from imgur.

Win 10 boot fail:  BSOD error 0xc000000e winload.efi not found   - Page 4 HfY0AxH

You have one update failed to install and looks like you have not upgrade to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, version 1709.

more_horiz
Yes, one failed. I then installed it manually.  you should see the same update # as ok

FCUs is just finishing now.

more_horiz
Good if there are more updates install them if not i think you are at clear and everything works.

more_horiz
Usually at this point is when it fail.  One of the follow on 1709 updates seems to corrupt the boot partition.  I'm installing all updates but, I've done this about 5 times.  It works, until one more reboot and then fails.

thanks for your amazing patience.

more_horiz
You are very welcome!

Lets hope today is your lucky day!

more_horiz
I don't know if any help but I've enabled "system restore" and created a restore point.  Now all the new 1709 updates are installing.  Sorry this takes so long.

more_horiz
Thanks don't worry about it!

Yes we can use system restore tool to recover your computer only if nothing else works.

more_horiz
updated MS win 10 pro 64 to 1709 with associated other updates

system boots ok

Run MS config, select Safe Mode
System boots into Safe Mode ok
Run MS config, select Normal Start
System gets an error 0x000000e winload.efi is missing

This is the same error as I got during the last update attempt

descriptionSolvedAfter BSOD Sys restore fails

more_horiz
Win 10 boot fail:  BSOD error 0xc000000e winload.efi not found   - Page 4 5bd30zG

more_horiz
After booting into Safe Mode and the try a normal boot (no other changes) get this error...

Win 10 boot fail:  BSOD error 0xc000000e winload.efi not found   - Page 4 5hG2V3C

more_horiz
Sys restore error

Win 10 boot fail:  BSOD error 0xc000000e winload.efi not found   - Page 4 NseuOjB

more_horiz
When in Safe Mode, attempted to run msconfig

Win 10 boot fail:  BSOD error 0xc000000e winload.efi not found   - Page 4 5bd30zG

more_horiz
Boot with USB
bootrec /scanos shows 2 installations  
1 c:\windows
2. C:\windows.old\windows

Tried bootrec /rebuildbcd
it also finds c:\windows  (I say yes)
then 2nd windows.old (I say no)

The system cannot find the path specified.

I'm stuck here and hope you an help

more_horiz
Hi @natzure

Please boot your computer with Windows Setup Media and from Windows Recovery Environment.

If you haven't use Automatic Repair (Startup Repair) if this tool wont work then start the Command Prompt.

Please execute following commands and post a screenshot of the commands outputs.

Code:

Diskpart

List Disk

List Volume

Select Disk X

List Partition

From List Disk command you will found out disk number assigned to Windows installed storage disk and replace X with this disk number.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum