WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Re-post under my username: System restore problems

2 posters

descriptionRe-post under my username: System restore problems - Page 4 EmptyRe: Re-post under my username: System restore problems

more_horiz
Okay...and should I start the instructions you posted at 2:23pm from he beginning again?

descriptionRe-post under my username: System restore problems - Page 4 EmptyRe: Re-post under my username: System restore problems

more_horiz
Please copy and paste the instructions at your next post.

more_horiz
What instructions?

more_horiz
Loo007 wrote:
Okay...and should I start the instructions you posted at 2:23pm from he beginning again?

You ask if you should follow instructions i have posted at 2:23pm i leave at Turkey we have different local times so i need you to either post the instructions you want to follow or give me the post number for the instructions.

more_horiz
Oh...my apologies!!  The most recent ones that didn’t go through. (Before the restart)
The forum will not allow me to copy and paste your text for some reason

more_horiz
Yes you can follow all my instructions.

Did the bcdboot c:\Windows /s w: /f uefi command worked if not can you paste the error message?

more_horiz
Sorry @Loo007 i have to go to sleep i'm very sick.

more_horiz
Sleep...I hope you feel better!! Thank you again my friend

more_horiz
Thank you very much @Loo007!

Please let me know how you are progressing?

more_horiz
Hello, I hope that you are feeling better today!

I am at the same standstill as I was from the last message because I am still in the same loop.  Every time the laptop restarts without me pressing F11, the following screen comes on (FYI).

Your device needs to be repaired.
The operating system couldn’t be loaded because the system registry file is missing or contains errors.

File: \Windows\system32\config\system
Error code: 0x0000225

So I just turned it off. It almost feels useless and I don’t want to take up too much of your time!

more_horiz
Hi @Loo007

Thank you i feel little better.

That error message indicate that the System registry hive file missing or contains error. Have you completed below commands?

Windows Vista/ 7/8/8.1/10 keep a regular backup of the registry handy in case you need to overwrite a corrupted registry. By default, the RegIdleBackup task runs every 10 days, so that’s as far back as you would lose if you replaced the current registry with the automatically backed-up files. You can find the backed-up registry files in \Windows\System32\config\RegBack folder.

Please boot your computer with Windows Setup Media and from Windows Recovery Environment start the Command Prompt.

Please type below command into Command Prompt and press Enter key.

Code:

Dir C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack

Above command will list files stored within RegBack folder and there file size, make sure files are not zero size if they are do not follow below instructions.

Re-post under my username: System restore problems - Page 4 AkBT8zC

Please replace partition letter C: with Windows installed partition letter. When computer boots into Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) environment the drive letter assign to Windows partition may not be C: drive letter because Windows 7, 8 , 8.1 and 10 creates a separate system partition when it's installed from scratch. The system partition contains boot files WinRE assigns the system partition the C: drive letter and the Windows installed partition will be assign any other drive letter usually D: drive letter is assign to Windows installed partition. The Bcdedit /enum | find "osdevice" command can be use to find out the drive letter of the Windows installed partition the output of the Bcdedit command is similar to this osdevice partition=D:. The drive letter after partition= is the drive letter of the Windows partition.

Please type below commands into Command Prompt and for each command you have typed press Enter key.

Code:

Ren  C:\windows\system32\config\SAM        SAM.BAK

Ren  C:\windows\system32\config\SYSTEM      SYSTEM.BAK

Ren  C:\windows\system32\config\SECURITY    SECURITY.BAK

Ren  C:\windows\system32\config\DEFAULT    DEFAULT.BAK

Ren  C:\windows\system32\config\SOFTWARE    SOFTWARE.BAK

Copy  C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SAM        C:\windows\system32\config

Copy  C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SYSTEM      C:\windows\system32\config

Copy  C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SECURITY    C:\windows\system32\config

Copy  C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\DEFAULT    C:\windows\system32\config

Copy  C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SOFTWARE    C:\windows\system32\config

This procedure assumes that Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10 is installed to the C:\ partition. Make sure to replace C:\ drive letter to the appropriate Windows OS installed partition drive letter if it is a different location.

Above commands renames the registry files at their existing location, and then copies the registry files from the RegBack folder to the C:\Windows\System32\Config folder.

more_horiz
Hi, here go the questions again...the command brought up results exactly like the black screen in your directions with all
0 files. 
It says to NOT follow below instructions if all files are zero. So what do I do?

more_horiz
Hi Freebooter,

Respectfully, I feel like I am going in circles, executing the same commands over and over since almost the beginning with no change or improvement.
At this point, do you think that we are wasting our time?

more_horiz
Hi @Loo007

Sorry to say but yes we have no option left except reinstall Windows 10.

Do you have working Windows installed computer?

Do you need to backup personal files?

more_horiz
Hi Freebooter,

There is a desktop in the house with Windows...yes

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum