WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Problems with browser and Creative Mixer

2 posters

descriptionProblems with browser and Creative Mixer  - Page 3 EmptyRe: Problems with browser and Creative Mixer

more_horiz
Can you try different keyboard please.

If you have a Windows XP CD with service pack matching the installed Windows XP service pack insert the Windows XP CD and open Command Prompt and execute following command:

Code:

Sfc  /Scannow

Above command will repair any corrupted Windows XP system files.

descriptionProblems with browser and Creative Mixer  - Page 3 EmptyRe: Problems with browser and Creative Mixer

more_horiz
The disk that came with the computer is for Service Pack 1a.  I have Service Pack 3 installed.

more_horiz
I don't have another keyboard

more_horiz
I'll try to get my son's wireless keyboard to work.

more_horiz
Execute Sfc /Scannow command hopefully Windows will have a not corrupted cache of corrupted files if not it will ask for Windows XP CD, insert the Windows XP CD to see what happens.
If you want you can download and make yourself a Windows XP with Service Pack 3 CD from below link.

http://getintopc.com/softwares/operating-systems/windows-xp-professional-sp3-32-bit-iso-dec-2016-download/

more_horiz
I was able to get the wireless keyboard to work, however I went into Safemode with Networking, and NOW I can't get online.  I was able to get online before, by clicking on bookmarks, I just could not type because it would lock down.. 

If I attempt to reinstall Windows, will that not delete all my files?

more_horiz
Yes clean installing Windows XP will delete all your personal files. If you want you can repair install Windows XP but i advice you to backup your personal files even do repair install does not delete your personal files it can happen. Make sure you have Windows XP Setup CD with Service pack 3 as currently installed Windows XP have service pack 3 installed.

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install

more_horiz
Right now I am doing the scan.  If I can repair without putting in the disk, will my files be saved?

more_horiz
Are you running SFC command if your question is about SFC command then answer to your question is no personal files and personal settings will be deleted. The SFC command only repairs Windows system files.

more_horiz
I ran SFC.  It went through the scan, then at the end, it just ended without asking for a disk.  There is something that I noted.  When you were in my PC, a popup came up stating my home page Ebay.com, was attempting to be redirected to About:Blank, and this might be an attempt to redirect.  You clicked on the setting to dismiss the alert.  What I have noted is if I attempt to go to Geekpolice.com, Google Chrome changes Geekpolice to About:Blank.  If I type in the word Geek, a list of sites will come up.  It seems my browsers have been taken over.  Last night I opened Super Anti Spyware and it went through the update process without a hitch.  So it did seem to be able to make an online connection.

more_horiz
You can configure the startup page to any website its configured from Settings.

Please download Malwarebytes' AdwCleaner onto your Desktop.

• Double click on AdwCleaner_xxxx.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Scan.
  • After done scanning, please hit Logfile. Locate the logfile in the Scan tab, double-click on it, copy the information inside of it, and paste it into your next reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[Sx].txt as well.

more_horiz
I attempted to use Adwcleaner but, I get an error message saying Adwcleaner_70.40.ece is not a valid win32 application.  I was looking on the site and it shows to be for Windows 7, 8, and 10.

more_horiz
Looks like AdwCleaner is not compatible with Windows XP.

Fix with Junkware Removal Tool

Please download Malwarebytes' Junkware Removal Tool and save the file to your desktop.

• Right-click on the JRT.exe or Junkware Removal Tool icon and select Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Follow the prompts and let this process run uninterrupted.
  • This scan can take a while, depending on your System specs.
  • Upon completion, a log (JRT.txt) will open on your desktop.

Please include the contents of that file in your reply.

Do not forget to re-enable your previously switched off protection software!
Please also manually reboot your machine after this procedure.

more_horiz
I had a version of AdwCleaner from June on a disk that worked in my PC.  I used it and there was something found in Chrome.  I am now able to get back into Chrome.  The results are below.  I will go ahead and run JRT as well.  and provide the results.  

# AdwCleaner v6.047 - Logfile created 17/11/2017 at 17:23:15
# Updated on 19/05/2017 by Malwarebytes
# Database : 2017-05-19.1 [Local]
# Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (X86)
# Username : Teressa - PROSPERITY
# Running from : C:\Documents and Settings\Teressa\Desktop\AdwCleaner.exe
# Mode: Clean
# Support : https://www.malwarebytes.com/support

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Folders ] *****

***** [ Files ] *****

***** [ DLL ] *****

***** [ WMI ] *****

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Scheduled Tasks ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

[-] Key deleted: HKCU\Software\Google\Chrome\Extensions\chfdnecihphmhljaaejmgoiahnihplgn

***** [ Web browsers ] *****

:: "Tracing" keys deleted
:: Winsock settings cleared

C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C0].txt - [875 Bytes] - [17/11/2017 17:23:15]
C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [1224 Bytes] - [17/11/2017 17:17:39]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C0].txt - [1020 Bytes] ##########

more_horiz
I ran JRT, the scan returned no infections.  I noted in TaskManager my PU is at 100% usage.  I found items running that I am uncertain of.  aswidsagent.exe, it's usinf 32,148k, E_s50RP7, smss.  There are 10 svchost.exe running, 4 local, 4 system, and 2 network.  One network svchost.exe is using 204,908 K.  I belive aswidsagent.exe, is AVG.  But, I uninstalled avg a couple of weeks ago and installed Avast.  I attempted to stop the aswidsagent.exe process, but I was blocked from doing so.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum