WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Virus/Malware Help

3 posters

descriptionSolvedRe: Virus/Malware Help

more_horiz
Please open the Task Manager and from Users tab disconnect other users.

more_horiz
Hi: There are two users. One says it is disconnected. the other is the administrator and will not disconnect and is still running/ I guess cause I am still on it. Anyway, tried to uninstall in both users, but it will not allow me. Always get the warning that says another user is logged in.  Not sure what to do. Thanks!

more_horiz
Can you post a screenshot of the Users tab.

more_horiz
How do I paste my screen shot? I pasted it to Word and it does not seem to paste to this reply. Thanks

more_horiz
Paste screenshot to Paint app and save it. Upload the saved image file to imgur website and give us the url link of the uploaded image file.

more_horiz
https://imgur.com/a/jX0kf

Thanks that was helpful!

more_horiz
Have you restarted your computer?

more_horiz
Restarted computer and tried to uninstall Firefox. After highlighting Firefox, I hit the uninstall button and it did nothing. Please advise

more_horiz
Try to force uninstall with Revo Uninstaller program.

more_horiz
Forced uninstalled Firefox. Should I reinstall again?

more_horiz
Don't install any program till @Superdave disinfect your computer.

more_horiz
Yes. Re-install it and give it a try.

more_horiz
Yes! The Firefox makes browsing smoother!  Virus/Malware Help  - Page 2 1f604  What should I do now to remove all the downloaded scans I performed? Thanks!

more_horiz
Click Start> Computer> right click the C Drive and choose Properties> enter
Click Disk Cleanup from there.

Virus/Malware Help  - Page 2 Diskcleanup2

Click OK on the Disk Cleanup Screen.
Click Yes on the Confirmation screen.

Virus/Malware Help  - Page 2 Diskcleanup

This runs the Disk Cleanup utility along with other selections if you have chosen any. (if you had a lot System Restore points, you will see a significant change in the free space in C drive)
You may uninstall all the scanners we have used to clean the computer but you may want to keep MBAM and AdwCleaner. Update them and run them regularly.

I suggest using WOT - Web of Trust. WOT is a free Internet security addon for your browser. It will keep you safe from online scams, identity theft, spyware, spam, viruses and unreliable shopping sites. WOT warns you before you interact with a risky website. It's easy and it's free.

Check out Keeping Yourself Safe On The Web for tips and free tools to help keep you safe in the future.

Also see Slow Computer? It may not be Malware for free cleaning/maintenance tools to help keep your computer running smoothly.
Safe Surfing!

more_horiz
Everything is cleaned up... thank you for that!!  How do I go about uninstalling the scanners? They do not show up on my programs to uninstall. Should I just right click and delete... they are on my desktop. Also, one last question please.... how do I go about not having everything load up when I start up?  
Thank you again!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum