GeekPolice Tech TutorialsLog in

descriptionSolvedCannot Access Internet

more_horiz
Hello, 
I have an Acer laptop with Windows 8.1. I was scanning for viruses, Malwarebytes, Adware, JRT, and Eset, and Something by 317. Went by another post I had. 
Eset was the last one I did and it had 84 threats. A lot of (PUP). I cleaned all of them. Then I did msconfig and  unchecked Load start up and the other one. I think After that I was not able to get on the internet(had no networks), the troubleshooter did not work, and system restore will not work. I CAN get on the desktop and the command prompt works. Please help. Thank you in advance. Crying out loud Crying out loud   Valerie

descriptionSolvedRe: Cannot Access Internet

more_horiz
Hi Vista,

Can you reset TCP/IP protocol suite with the attached batch script.
Attachments
ResetNetworkCompenents.zip

You don't have permission to download attachments.

(45 Kb) Downloaded 6 times

more_horiz
There are some other geek tools, utilities one can use -- let us know if the above zip file did not quite do the trick, we can get geeky if need be.

descriptionSolvedCannot Access Internet

more_horiz
Hello: 
I am not sure how to download this file if I do not have access to the laptop. I don't have a dvd to burn it to. Can you give me further instructions or give me another way to go about it please? Thanks!

more_horiz
Please open Command Prompt as a administrator by typing cmd.exe into Start Menu.

Execute following commands one at time:

Code:

netsh winsock reset 

netsh int ipv4 reset 

netsh int ipv6 reset 

netsh int httpstunnel reset 

netsh int portproxy reset 

netsh int tcp reset 

Sc config Dnscache start= auto

Sc config “Dhcp” start= auto

After finish executing commands restart your computer.

more_horiz
Hello, 
Completed Command Prompts and restarted computer. Still do not have networks to connect to and clicked on  "fix connection problems" it states an error occurred. Error code- 0x80070426, Source: Engine, Context: Restricted 
I noticed in Task Mgr. under tab" DETAILS", the SystemSettings.exe (PID):3384 is the only status that is suspended. Also in the Service tab, the status of a lot of Services has STOPPED.  Also, the sound does not work and System Restore does not work. (A Volume Shadow Copy Service component encountered an unexpected error. 0x80042302) Hopefully, there is something that will fix this. Thank you!

Last edited by Vista on 9th November 2017, 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
My ideas require laptop access, so disregard my last post; I'm going to listen in and learn alongside you from the wisdom and experiences of others.

more_horiz
Please boot your computer into Safe Mode with Networking and see you can connect to internet.

"5 Ways To Boot Into Safe Mode In Windows 8.1"
https://www.digitalcitizen.life/5-ways-boot-safe-mode-windows-8-windows-81

more_horiz
Hello, 
Well I finally got system restore to work. I am back where I started. Can you please help me get my laptop into shape? It has viruses and malware/adware too. I just don't want to mess it up again. I will follow your instructions to make sure it is clean! Thank you !!

more_horiz
Please start a new thread at Virus, Adware, & Malware Removal Help forum.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum