GeekPolice Tech TutorialsLog in

Can't access my server on my network

descriptionRe: Can't access my server on my network

more_horiz
I can only found port forwarding for pcWRT TORONTO-N, see if this tutorial apply to your router.

"How to open a port on the pcWRT TORONTO-N"
https://portforward.com/pcwrt/toronto-n/

more_horiz
there are setting in the networking tab to do static routes and port forwarding.  It works, because I can access my web sites from out side my network.  It is just in side my network the routers dns setting
block my websites.  By adding to the host file they now work on my local network.

more_horiz
Are you using your ISP DNS servers?

more_horiz
no.. that is a feature of this router, I can use different dns servers to filler network traffic.  but that isn't the problem either,  I have tried using 4 different dns servers and get the same results.
The problem is in the router, I have had a server running on my network for over 15 years.

more_horiz
Do these setting for my UPnP look correct?  Could this be my problem, I am now having a restricted nat issue when playing online gaming?

more_horiz
UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) is used to dynamically open ports on your router so you don't have to do manual port mapping. You should keep the default settings for the UPnP.

more_horiz
That seem to be my problem, I am having to do manual port mapping.  What I need to know what should the setting be? Default for this router is off, when I enabled UPnP non of the setting were set.

more_horiz
What happens when you just enable the UPnP without the manual settings. Check history of the router to see if UPnP works.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum