WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSolved please help with step by step bootable flash drive for linux lite with PC windows XP

more_horiz
I want make a usb flash drive 8 GB with linux lite or ubuntu on it for my PC with windows XP . Im am totally lost to this new lite linux and more downloads when it comes to the part of getting an installer and then the lite linux for example . I tried to do this and it just dont go on the flash drive. I need a step by step simple instruction help like when do I put in the flash drive, before I download the installer ,and the lite linux and where does this download go and how do I get it onto the flash drive - would I have to toggle F12 first before and set it to use the usb flash drive boot first or what? I even searched for a installation program and the lite linux ,even went to Youtube, no one explains just what sequence to do this in a step by step simple procedure . for example what do I open first the installation download or the Linux program ,they dont tell you  I need baby steps . so thank you if you can help me with this 

descriptionSolvedRe: please help with step by step bootable flash drive for linux lite with PC windows XP

more_horiz
Please download Linux Lite ISO image also download Rufus which allows you to create a bootable Live USB drive.

1. Connect the USB flash drive.

2. Open Rufus program and select Linux Lite ISO image.

please help with step by step bootable flash drive for linux lite  with PC windows XP EgqvwVy

3. Click Start button and accept all recommended options.

4. From BIOS set USB flash drive as a first boot device and boot your computer with USB flash drive.

descriptionSolvedRe: please help with step by step bootable flash drive for linux lite with PC windows XP

more_horiz
FreeBooter wrote:
Please download Linux Lite ISO image also download Rufus which allows you to create a bootable Live USB drive.

please help with step by step bootable flash drive for linux lite  with PC windows XP EgqvwVy

4. From BIOS set USB flash drive as a first boot device and boot your computer with USB flash drive.

Freebooter. I tried this  above and I'm doing something very wrong  because this is what I get on my screen shot here   please need more help, I think Im not using the right installer or the right linux lite    http://imgbox.com/Co8pNwhT

more_horiz
You should download Linux Lite ISO image from below link.

https://www.linuxliteos.com/download.php

more_horiz
FreeBooter wrote:

so is this the right one to choose 
Terminal Basics
Writing Linux Lite to DVD on Windows
Writing Linux Lite to USB in Linux and OSX
Writing Linux Lite to USB on Windows <<<<<<<<<< this one thengo to linux lite and download that ?

more_horiz
You don't have to quote my post each time you reply to me.

Download 32-Bit Linux Lite
https://netix.dl.sourceforge.net/project/linuxlite/3.6/linux-lite-3.6-32bit.iso

Download 64-Bit Linux Lite
https://netix.dl.sourceforge.net/project/linuxlite/3.6/linux-lite-3.6-64bit.iso

more_horiz
I know this post is marked as solved, but i thought i could help, as a Linux user for over 10 years and by the look of it, suzonka might be having a problem.
First of all does your old pc with Windows Xp have enough ram? Linux Lite can run ok with 1 gig of ram, with Ubuntu, you could get away with 1 gig of ram also but it will run slow, especially on older hardware.2 gig is the minimum requirements these days.
As for copying the ISO file to a usb stick, i suggest you download etcher, x86 32bit installer it's very easy to use and does the job adequately. Make sure your USB stick has been formatted first.

Then it's simple like Freebooter posted, make sure your pc is set to boot to usb, insert usb and reboot and then choose run in live mode, you can play around with it and test it out without installing the Operating system. If you like what you see, click the install icon and another easy step towards running Linux.
Hope it helps.

Last edited by Dr Jay on 14th October 2018, 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed link)

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum