GeekPolice Tech TutorialsLog in

Computer acting weird

descriptionSolvedRe: Computer acting weird

more_horiz
Looks like a Trend Micro technical support file that can be safely deleted. It must have used it to repair its program recently. (See here for example usage) Nothing to worry there. Wink

more_horiz
Do I need to delete any of the tools that you had me to download or should I leave them in case they are ever needed again?  I have moved them to a separate folder on my desktop so they are all together and not taking up real estate on my home screen.

more_horiz
Oh yeah... This should take care of much of it...

Download Delfix from here and save it to your desktop.

• Ensure Remove disinfection tools is checked.
  • Also place a checkmark next to:

• Create registry backup
    • Purge system restore

Computer acting weird - Page 2 Delfix
  • Click the Run button.

When the tool is finished, a log will open in notepad. Please copy and paste the log in your next reply. Then delete Delfix.

more_horiz
# DelFix v1.013 - Logfile created 05/03/2017 at 21:05:44
# Updated 17/04/2016 by Xplode
# Username : Melesia - TULLY_LAPTOP
# Operating System : Windows 10 Home  (64 bits)

~ Removing disinfection tools ...

Deleted : C:\FRST
Deleted : C:\zoek_backup
Deleted : C:\AdwCleaner
Deleted : C:\Users\Melesia\Desktop\mbar
Deleted : C:\AdwCleanerFile.txt
Deleted : C:\zoek-results.log
Deleted : C:\Users\Melesia\Downloads\AdwCleaner[C1].txt
Deleted : C:\Users\Melesia\Downloads\adwcleaner_5.201.exe

~ Creating registry backup ... OK

~ Cleaning system restore ...

Deleted : RP #21 [Scheduled Checkpoint | 02/04/2017 22:52:35]
Deleted : RP #22 [Scheduled Checkpoint | 02/18/2017 19:27:14]
Deleted : RP #23 [Windows Update | 02/25/2017 13:32:51]
Deleted : RP #24 [Removed Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. | 03/04/2017 01:50:05]
Deleted : RP #27 [JRT Pre-Junkware Removal | 03/04/2017 13:48:46]

New restore point created !

########## - EOF - ##########

more_horiz
Good! All done for that then. Smile...

more_horiz
Thank you so much for your help.  I'm all good for now.  Please mark this as solved.

more_horiz
Wait!  I do have one more question.  Do any of these logs say where whatever it was came from?

more_horiz
As in the IP address? If so, then no. Nobody can track you through these logs, because they are specialized as computer info only logs. In addition, only administrators of this board know your IP address and location (not direct location, but general vicinity) for legal security purposes only. Lastly, our privacy policy protects everyone on this site, and it would violate the ToS for someone to find such information or share it. However, each log is searchable from a search engine, to which the information provided here may help one or more people fix their computer, even though we recommend that they too start a topic. Every attempt is made to ensure the security and privacy of members here is protected; therefore, everything should be fine, as both your location and IP address are encrypted in our database with a security identifier that neither the members here nor any hackers can hack, as the information is accessible only by administrators of this site by username and password and the developers on the backend. If there are any more questions concerning this after this topic is marked solved and topic closed, please private message me or use the Contact Us link in the footer of the page.

Is this a good answer for your question(s)?

more_horiz
Thank you.  That's comforting to know, but I was talking about whatever it was that caused my problem.  Can you tell where it came from?  So maybe I can avoid it in the future?

more_horiz
Definitely no viruses or other malware... I would say it was possible a couple of browser addons that slowed down the browsing experience. Some browser addons are better than others. There were a few Google Chrome addons that had missing files, and a couple that were unneeded (Yahoo Search Utility for example). Nonetheless, preventing such issues can be difficult depending on the circumstance; however, I think keeping temporary files cleaned would be helpful, such as using CCleaner occasionally (CCleaner.com).

If you do detect Google Chrome running slow or having difficulty, the Chrome Software Cleaner listed above should be quite useful and safe to use. There is also the Avast Browser Cleanup Tool, which you can find here if you find browser troubles occur again.

You have an antivirus with security protection measures in place; therefore, I think everything else is fine. We do offer free training here on the site, as it has transformed from a strictly tech support site to more of an educational website for technology and computer security. However, the training does last for about 1-1/2 years, but definitely worth it for anyone very interested in maintaining computers, needing personal skill, or professional skill.

Bow or Thanks

more_horiz
Okay.  Thank you so much for your help.  This issue can be marked as solved.  I'll leave you alone now.   Computer acting weird - Page 2 1f600

more_horiz
Since this issue is solved, this topic is marked as such and closed. Smile... Thanks for choosing GeekPolice!

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum