GeekPolice Tech TutorialsLog in

[INACTIVE] NetUtils2016: PC badly affected after installing program

descriptionRe: [INACTIVE] NetUtils2016: PC badly affected after installing program

more_horiz
Please find attached part 5

descriptionRe: [INACTIVE] NetUtils2016: PC badly affected after installing program

more_horiz
Thanks for letting me know the progress, the system is still heavily infected...

Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

• Right-click on FRST icon and select Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart of your computer, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please post it to your reply.

RogueKiller Scan

• Download RogueKiller from the following link and save it on your desktop:
    TechSpot
    Official Site (alternative)
  • Quit all programs
  • Start RogueKiller.exe.
  • Wait until Prescan has finished ...
  • Click on Scan

• Wait for the end of the scan.
  • The report has been created on the desktop.
  • Click on the Delete button.

• Next click on the ShortcutsFix

Please post:

All RKreport.txt text files located on your desktop.

CKScanner

Please download CKScanner by askey127 from here
Save it to your desktop.

• Doubleclick CKScanner.exe and click Search For Files.
  • After a very short time, when the cursor hourglass disappears, click Save List To File.
  • A message box will verify that the file is saved.
  • Double-click the CKFiles.txt icon on your desktop and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.
Attachments
fixlist.txt

Fixlist.txt

You don't have permission to download attachments.

(1 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

more_horiz
Hello,
I have followed your instructions regarding the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool. The Fixlog.txt is attached to this message.
I have run RogueKiller and after the completion  I opened the report and copied it to the desktop. I have attached same here.
The version of RogueKiller I used was 12.9.7.0 and the layout is different to the one you supplied. It is still open on my desktop. Should i check each item before i select the 'Remove Selected' button.
thanks
Attachments
Fixlog.txt

(3 Kb) Downloaded 2 times

rk_F195.tmp.txt

(11 Kb) Downloaded 2 times

more_horiz
Yes, please do remove those items.

more_horiz
I will send you the CKFiles log shortly when it completes
thanks

more_horiz
Okay. I'll be online for quite a while longer. Smile...

more_horiz
I have tried to send the CKFile log as a txt and it will not accept it as a 267kb single text document and it won't accept 3 individual smaller text documents.
 It shows 'Could not upload file : exceeded user allowed storage. (Free space : 0) .
Do you have a solution?
thanks

more_horiz
Please upload it to www.mediafire.com and post the download link here. Smile...

more_horiz
Thanks,
Here is the link - http://www.mediafire.com/file/rds7uzt1wv9lcs7/ckfiles.zip

more_horiz
You're welcome and thanks for the upload. I got the info just fine. Smile...

To free up space on your attachments account here on the forums, press the Profile button in the navigation bar near the top of the page: , then hit the Attachments tab.

You should see a page like this:

You are free to checkmark and delete any of your attachments in there, as they have already been reviewed by me or the staff, so they are no longer necessary. If you would rather not do this, then feel free to continue to use a free file upload site.

As far as the deletions go, any kind of potentially illegal software and other possibly infected resources will be deleted.

Note to outside visitors: This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine. Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

• If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.

After that, please run CKScanner again and post a new log, as well as the following please (don't worry we'll delete all these tools afterward) - Re-run Junkware Removal Tool and AdwCleaner and post fresh logs from those tools! Right On!
Attachments
fixlist.txt

Fixlist.txt

(3 Kb) Downloaded 2 times

more_horiz
Hi,
Thanks for the advice on removing previous messages. 

I have carried out fresh scans using  Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and I have attached the fixlog.

I have run CKScanner again and the log is attached.

I have run Junkware Removal Tool and that log is attached.

Finally,I have just run Adw Cleaner and that log is attached. 

I look forward to your reply.

thanks
Attachments
Fixlog.txt

(7 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

ckfiles.txt

(292 Kb) Downloaded 2 times

JRT.txt

(1 Kb) Downloaded 2 times

AdwCleaner[S3].txt

(2 Kb) Downloaded 3 times

more_horiz
Looks like we're wrapping things up...  Awesome (sparkly)

Note to outside visitors: This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine. Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.

• If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.

Remove the Adware

• Please close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on adwcleaner_xxxx.exe to run the tool.
  • Press Scan, wait for it to finish.
  • Ensure to only check the following items (uncheck all others):
    Chrome pref Found:  [C:\Users\paull\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web data] - uk.ask.com
    Chrome pref Found:  [C:\Users\paull\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Secure Preferences ] - hxxp://uk.search.yahoo.com?type=512435&fr=spigot-yhp-ch.
  • Then hit the Clean button.
  • Your computer will be rebooted automatically. If it does not, please reboot the computer manually.
  • Re-run AdwCleaner as before and post a new log please.

Re-running FRST to search for any leftovers:

Please re-run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool to give me a fresh look at your system.

• Make sure that Addition option is checked.
  • Press Scan button and wait.
  • The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.

Please include their content into your next reply.

• Once it is restarted and you're back in Windows, double-click adwcleaner_xxxx.exe, hit "Logfile." On the Cleaning tab, double-click the latest logfile, copy the contents, and paste it into your next reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[Sx].txt as well.

In your next reply, please include these logs:

1. Fixlog.txt from FRST
  2. Fresh AdwCleaner log
  3. Fresh FRST scan log
  4. Also, let me know how your device is doing. Thanks for your patience also, this has been a challenge worth my youth!

Last edited by Dr Jay on 11th February 2017, 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Attachments
fixlist.txt

(1 Kb) Downloaded 4 times

more_horiz
Hello,
 I cannot see any attachment for fixlog.txt with your last message, or am i to use a previous one?
thanks

more_horiz
Sorry, I just fixed the download hub system, as we added new functions to the forums...

This should work or click on the attachment above I just created: http://www.geekpolice.net/download.forum?id=533

more_horiz
Hello Again,
I have carried out the FRST scan and I have attached the Fixlog.txt

I have also run adwcleaner,scanned the pc and followed your instructions relating to only checking those 2 items. My problem was that i could not see those two items in the scan. The scan found 5 items, as below.
Under Services it found NetUtils2016.
 Files It found C:\WINDOWS\SysNative\NetUtils2016.dll
 Files it found C:\WINDOWS\SysNative\drivers\NetUtils2016.sys
 Registry it found HKLM64\SOFTWARE\HDWallpaper
 Chrome it found C;\Users\paull\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default
I made the assumption that the last item was the one you referred to and have checked it  and  hit the clean button.
I have attached the adwcleaner log also.

I have re-run FRST again and have attached the log as well

I have found my pc to be still having problems with Google Chrome,it freezes which causes me to use Task Manager to close it, and i am finding Chrome not opening after clicking on the desktop icon.

I have installed Opera which appears to be running better.

With reference to NetUtils, it seems to be the cause of problems using Chrome as i am finding it opening pages as well as getting 'reimage plus' opening regularly.

I have found Avast notifying me of potential malware that they have stopped when i have been carrying out adwclweaner scans too.

I hope i make sense with all this info.

I look forward to your reply
Thank you so much.
Attachments
Fixlog - 12-02-2017 - 08.42.txt

(2 Kb) Downloaded 2 times

FRST -12-02-2017 - 17.09.txt

(48 Kb) Downloaded 4 times

Addition - 12-02-2017 -17.09.txt

(40 Kb) Downloaded 2 times

AdwCleaner- 12-02-2017-16.59.txt

(2 Kb) Downloaded 3 times

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum