WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

[INACTIVE] NetUtils2016: PC badly affected after installing program

2 posters

description[INACTIVE] NetUtils2016: PC badly affected after installing program - Page 2 EmptyRe: [INACTIVE] NetUtils2016: PC badly affected after installing program

more_horiz
I have been unable to post the screen capture due to size restrictions. The 9 threats found are all PUP files,process modules and registry keys.  Is there another program like Malwarebytes i could use instead?
thanks.

description[INACTIVE] NetUtils2016: PC badly affected after installing program - Page 2 EmptyRe: [INACTIVE] NetUtils2016: PC badly affected after installing program

more_horiz
Okay, let's see what we can do here... This will be a bit rigorous...

Please download the latest version of Hitman Pro

• After the download completes please double click the program to run it.
  • Accept the terms of the license agreement and click Next
  • Let the scan run. It will not take long
  • When the scan finishes, and all the files have been uploaded to the Scan Cloud, click Next
  • Click Next again. At the bottom left you will see Export Scan Results To XML File. Click that and save it in a convenient location
  • Upload log.xml here for review please

Sophos Virus Removal Tool
Download Sophos Free Virus Removal Tool and save it to your desktop.

• Double click the icon and select Run
  • Click Next
  • Select I accept the terms in this license agreement, then click Next twice
  • Click Install
  • Click Finish to launch the program
  • Once the virus database has been updated click Start Scanning
  • If any threats are found click Details, then View log file... (bottom left hand corner)
  • Copy and paste the results in your reply
  • Close the Notepad document, close the Threat Details screen, then click Start cleanup
  • Click Exit to close the program

Scan with herdProtect

Please download herdProtect by Reason Software (portable edition) and save the file to your desktop.
Temporary disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware protection - instructions here.

• Right-click on the HerdProtect icon and select Run as Administrator to install the scanner.
  • It will ask for the location - leave the default one (%ProgramFiles%) or select another, convenient one.
  • Agree to the terms, select Launch herdProtect and click Finish.
  • Click Scan. It may take a while, depending on your system and connection specs. Please be patient.
  • When it finishes click on Save Results.
  • A Notepad with a report should open.

Please include the contents of that report in your next reply.
This type of scan often produces false positives. In any case do not remove on your own any of its findings! Removal will be made after the careful analysis of the scan results.
Upon completion of the cleaning you may remove HerdProtect if you wish so. To do it just delete its directory (chosen by you when installing the tool).

more_horiz
Hello,

Should I remove malicious software that Hitman Pro has discovered?  The scan has completed and is asking me to activate their product which i can do with a 30 day free  license.
thanks

more_horiz
Yes, go ahead with that. However, only herdProtect you should not remove anything right now, please. Smile...

more_horiz
Hi.
 I have run Hit man Pro. The log is attached. 
 I have run Sophos Virus removal Tool. The Scan found 1 threat which i removed. It showed an error message when i clicked Details,then View Log File.I Could not retrieve a log.
 I have run herdProtect as requested and have left the scan open on the desktop after completion. The log is attached. I have not attempted anything further with herdProtect. I have split this log into 5 individuals files due to the size of the initial log. I will send part 5 separately.
 I await your response.
  thanks

more_horiz
Please find attached part 5

more_horiz
Thanks for letting me know the progress, the system is still heavily infected...

Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

• Right-click on FRST icon and select Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart of your computer, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please post it to your reply.

RogueKiller Scan

• Download RogueKiller from the following link and save it on your desktop:
    TechSpot
    Official Site (alternative)
  • Quit all programs
  • Start RogueKiller.exe.
  • Wait until Prescan has finished ...
  • Click on Scan

[INACTIVE] NetUtils2016: PC badly affected after installing program - Page 2 RGKRScan

• Wait for the end of the scan.
  • The report has been created on the desktop.
  • Click on the Delete button.

[INACTIVE] NetUtils2016: PC badly affected after installing program - Page 2 RGKRDelete

• Next click on the ShortcutsFix

[INACTIVE] NetUtils2016: PC badly affected after installing program - Page 2 RGKRShortcutsFix

Please post:

All RKreport.txt text files located on your desktop.

CKScanner

Please download CKScanner by askey127 from here
Save it to your desktop.

• Doubleclick CKScanner.exe and click Search For Files.
  • After a very short time, when the cursor hourglass disappears, click Save List To File.
  • A message box will verify that the file is saved.
  • Double-click the CKFiles.txt icon on your desktop and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.

more_horiz
Hello,
I have followed your instructions regarding the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool. The Fixlog.txt is attached to this message.
I have run RogueKiller and after the completion  I opened the report and copied it to the desktop. I have attached same here.
The version of RogueKiller I used was 12.9.7.0 and the layout is different to the one you supplied. It is still open on my desktop. Should i check each item before i select the 'Remove Selected' button.
thanks

more_horiz
Yes, please do remove those items.

more_horiz
I will send you the CKFiles log shortly when it completes
thanks

more_horiz
Okay. I'll be online for quite a while longer. Smile...

more_horiz
I have tried to send the CKFile log as a txt and it will not accept it as a 267kb single text document and it won't accept 3 individual smaller text documents.
 It shows 'Could not upload file : exceeded user allowed storage. (Free space : 0) .
Do you have a solution?
thanks

more_horiz
Please upload it to www.mediafire.com and post the download link here. Smile...

more_horiz
Thanks,
Here is the link - http://www.mediafire.com/file/rds7uzt1wv9lcs7/ckfiles.zip

more_horiz
You're welcome and thanks for the upload. I got the info just fine. Smile...

To free up space on your attachments account here on the forums, press the Profile button in the navigation bar near the top of the page: [INACTIVE] NetUtils2016: PC badly affected after installing program - Page 2 Profil12, then hit the Attachments tab.

You should see a page like this: [INACTIVE] NetUtils2016: PC badly affected after installing program - Page 2 Attach10

You are free to checkmark and delete any of your attachments in there, as they have already been reviewed by me or the staff, so they are no longer necessary. If you would rather not do this, then feel free to continue to use a free file upload site.

As far as the deletions go, any kind of potentially illegal software and other possibly infected resources will be deleted.

Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Note to outside visitors: This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine. Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

• Right-click on FRST icon and select Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please post it to your reply.

After that, please run CKScanner again and post a new log, as well as the following please (don't worry we'll delete all these tools afterward) - Re-run Junkware Removal Tool and AdwCleaner and post fresh logs from those tools! Right On!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum