No worried on the log for now... Let's do the following:Remove the Adware
- Please close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on adwcleaner_xxxx.exe to run the tool.
- Press Scan, wait for it to finish, and then hit Clean.
- Your computer will be rebooted automatically. If it does not, please reboot the computer manually.
- Once it is restarted and you're back in Windows, double-click adwcleaner_xxxx.exe, hit "Logfile." On the Cleaning tab, double-click the latest logfile, copy the contents, and paste it into your next reply.
- You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[Sx].txt as well.
Fix with Junkware Removal Tool
Please download Malwarebytes' Junkware Removal Tool
and save the file to your desktop.
- Right-click on the JRT.exe or Junkware Removal Tool icon and select Run as Administrator to start the tool.
- Follow the prompts and let this process run uninterrupted.
- This scan can take a while, depending on your System specs.
- Upon completion, a log (JRT.txt) will open on your desktop.
Please include the contents of that file in your reply.
Please also manually reboot your machine
after this procedure.
- Please visit the ESET Online Scanner website
- Click the SCAN NOW button to download the esetonlinescanner_enu.exe file to the Desktop
- Select Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications
- In Advanced Settings: make sure that Clean threats automatically is unchecked
- And Enable detection of potentially unsafe applications, Enable detection of suspicious applications, Scan archives, and Enable Anti-Stealth technology are all checked.
- Click Scan
- The program will begin to download it's virus database. The speed may vary depending on your Internet connection.
- When completed, the program will begin to scan. This may take several hours. Please, be patient.
- Do not do anything on your machine as it may interrupt the scan.
- When completed it'll show a list of "Threats found", click beneath it on Save to text file.... and save it as ESET log.txt on your Desktop.
- Then click Do not clean. Place a checkmark at Delete application's data on close, click Finish and close the program.
- Please copy and paste the log it generated (the one you just saved on your Desktop) here.
Don't forget to re-enable previously switched-off protection software!