WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSolvedProblem trying to complete file and folder names due to constant refreshing

more_horiz
Hello,
I have recently bought a new desktop pc with Windows 10 home enabled. 

Whenever i open a new folder or file and attempt to name it,it is automatically highlighting in blue within seconds,clearing what i have already typed or partially typed and i am having to make numerous attempts at typing basic two or three word file or folder names.It is refreshing every few seconds and as i am only a one finger typist i cannot type quick enough to finish the task. I am only having this problem in naming files and folders so far and I am able to type this message without problem. 

Any advice would e gratefully appreciated.
thanks

descriptionSolvedRe: Problem trying to complete file and folder names due to constant refreshing

more_horiz
Hi @aybsee

Can you please install latest version of the graphic card driver. You can found latest version of graphic card drive from either your computer manufacturer website and from graphic card manufacturer website.

descriptionSolvedRe: Problem trying to complete file and folder names due to constant refreshing

more_horiz
Thanks for your reply. I have installed the latest graphic card driver as requested. I await your response.

more_horiz
Is the issue resolved?
If the issue not resolved can you please tell me if this issue happening with all the folders/files?

more_horiz
Hello,
The problem is still there although it now appears that the file or folder name box only refreshes every 5-10 seconds,instead of 2-3 seconds. This is based on a short period trying  to name files and folders. This is an improvement, however i still have the problem of not being able to trust what i have typed into the box still being there when i look up from the keyboard.  thanks

more_horiz
Please download and run CPUID'S HWMonitor and monitor your temperatures.  
I would like to have you run a Clean Boot.

How to perform a Clean Boot.

Warning:  Disabling items in Services or Startup may leave your anitivius disabled until the process is ended.  For this reason I would suggest that you perform this process off line.

Press the Windows keyProblem trying to complete file and folder names due to constant refreshing  Windowskey_zps092d5c75 and the R key to open Run, then type msconfig in the search box.  This will open System Configuration.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, you should enter the password or provide confirmation.

(1)  Click/tap on the General tab.

(2)  Click/tap on the Selective startup option.

(3)  Remove the check mark in the Load startup items  check box.

Problem trying to complete file and folder names due to constant refreshing  Msconfig_zpsuoxvomjq

4.  Click on the Services tab.

5.  Place a check mark in the Hide all Microsoft services check box, this will remove the Microsoft Services from the list but will still be running.

6.  Click Disable all, this will remove all of the check marks in the Services list.

Problem trying to complete file and folder names due to constant refreshing  Clean%20boot%203_zpsyvcjopso

7.  Click on Hide all Microsoft services.  Click on Apply then OK

Problem trying to complete file and folder names due to constant refreshing  Clean%20boot%202_zpsekds879g

Click on Restart in the window that opens.

When the computer is restarted it will boot normally.

Let me know if the problem persists after restarting the computer.

more_horiz
Hello again,
Thank you once more.
I have followed your instructions and since restarting i believe they problem may be solved. I have spent 5-10 minutes opening,naming.renaming files and folders and they appear to be remaining open until I finish the task. It no longer seems to be refreshing rapidly. 
Thank you for your help and valuable advice.
regards

more_horiz
If the issue gets resolved after clean booting Windows then one of the disabled services or startup programs is causing the issue, to find out which you will need to enable few of the disabled services and startup programs and restart your computer you will do this process till issue comes back and when it does then you will one at time disable and restart your computer to find out which enabled service or program causing the error issue.

more_horiz
[mod]This topic is solved and closed[/mod]

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum