WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Internet browsers and internet refusing to work, think its a hardware problem?

2 posters

descriptionInternet browsers and internet refusing to work, think its a hardware problem? - Page 5 EmptyRe: Internet browsers and internet refusing to work, think its a hardware problem?

more_horiz
Do you have the Windows 7 disk(s)? If not, do you have recovery disks? If not, you must have the Recovery on a separate drive on your computer. Look for the D drive. Before you do anything else you should get that problem you had with something sticking up inside the bottom of the laptop looked at.

descriptionInternet browsers and internet refusing to work, think its a hardware problem? - Page 5 EmptyRe: Internet browsers and internet refusing to work, think its a hardware problem?

more_horiz
There's no longer anything there.  I removed the piece that was sticking up and there was no damage underneath, thankfully.

I don't have the discs, I was never given any when I bought my laptop.

more_horiz
In that case the Recovery must be on your hard drive in a separate partition probably D:

more_horiz
So, I can't find a recovery partition.  My D: drive doesn't have one.  When I attempt the "Repair Your Computer" on the F8 boot screen, there doesn't seem to be any kind of option for me to restore to factory settings.  The "recover an image" part keeps asking for a backup disc or to find an image from the server, but I don't know what that means.  When I wiped my desktop a while back it had a partition

Edit: Nevermind, Lenovo has a built in recovery program thing. Trying it now.

more_horiz
So, I successfully restored the laptop to factory state, and everything seems to be working again. I have no idea what was wrong. o_O

more_horiz
I'm glad everything worked out for you.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum