WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionsystem 32 folder opens when windows 7 loads - Page 2 EmptyRe: system 32 folder opens when windows 7 loads

more_horiz
Yes..."Recovery (D:)"

Though I likely won't be able to do anything until some time tomorrow. I want to clean out my external hard drive and put some things on it...as a backup. But I'm getting ready to be away from the computer and since it's so late...I'll likely just wait until tomorrow to deal with all this.

descriptionsystem 32 folder opens when windows 7 loads - Page 2 EmptyRe: system 32 folder opens when windows 7 loads

more_horiz
Sounds good. When you're ready proceed with System Restore to see if that will help. Please let me know.

more_horiz
Ok...I was busy yesterday and didn't have a chance to do anything.  I was going to do it today but for some reason I can't get my external hard drive to show up when I plug it up.  I tried other USB ports and I plugged a flash drive up and it's lit up but not showing up in my list.  So maybe the system 32 folder problem is causing this?  I don't know.

So I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and do a system restore without backing anything up (because I really have no clue how to do a back up any other way).

Does a system restore uninstall old programs (skype, aim, chrome, paint tool sai, gimp, etc)?

EDIT: I checked out the link (for doing a system restore) you posted the other day and I got to the point where I see the system restore button but it is grayed out and it says "searching..." under 'protection settings'.

more_horiz
System Restore will bring your computer back to a previous date and the only thing you will lose is any programs that you've installed after that date. System Recovery will take your computer back to the day you purchased it. You may also have a repair option. I can help you make a disk which will help you to back up your important data before doing anything else.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum