WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionshould I go for windows free 10 Emptyshould I go for windows free 10

more_horiz
file:///C:/Users/User/Pictures/COMPUTERS%20INFORMATION%20SOACE.JPG

I have windows 7 professional  with IE 11  and a HP 5800d desk top  . :sad:
I received this attached to my windows updater Free upgrade for windows 10 , and I don't know if there is a catch for a fee down the road$$
or if it will even work with my system

descriptionshould I go for windows free 10 EmptyRe: should I go for windows free 10

more_horiz
You can find more information here. There are a lot of people including myself that are asking that question.

descriptionshould I go for windows free 10 Emptyshould I upgrade to free windows 10

more_horiz
Superdave wrote:
You can find more information here. There are a lot of people including myself that are asking that question.

Whoa! this is a copy of the bottom line , its still very confusing to me and the upgrading to windows 8 to make it all work is very unclear about the fee for that.
Whether Windows 10 remains free a year after the OS is released is also a mystery, and there’s no word on how much it may cost once the year is up. Earlier reports hinted at an Office 365-like subscription model for the OS, but Microsoft neither confirmed nor denied the rumor. During a Q&A session after the event, the company said it “hasn’t decided” how much to charge, reports Ars Technica. On Microsoft’s blog, Terry Myerson attempted to explain the new idea of “Windows as a service,” but the language surrounding the price of updates and upgrades after the first year was confused.

“This is more than a one-time upgrade,” Myerson wrote. “Once a Windows device is upgraded to Windows 10, we will continue to keep it current for the supported lifetime of the device—at no additional charge.”

Related: Everything you need to know about Windows 10 mobile

He did not include an explanation of how long the “supported lifetime of the device” will last for each product, nor did he address future pricing at all. According to ZDnet, Satya Nadella added that Windows as a service doesn’t imply further charges, but he did not comment further on future pricing. As such, the true cost of Windows 10 is still up in the air. We’ll keep you updated as we hear further details.

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/windows-10-now-a-free-service-news/#ixzz3bxoJPHPn
Follow us: @digitaltrends on Twitter | digitaltrendsftw on Facebook

descriptionshould I go for windows free 10 EmptyRe: should I go for windows free 10

more_horiz
There are many unanswered questions. Perhaps things will become clearer once Win 10 is released in a few months.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum