WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Windows XP HELP!

2 posters

descriptionSolvedRe: Windows XP HELP!

more_horiz
Is there a way to create a log to show you?

more_horiz
Decible wrote:
Is there a way to create a log to show you?

No, just check to see if any are flaming. You can check the website of your computer to see the normal operating temps.

more_horiz
Temp 2 is 2* - 4* Higher than the suggested temp. Not sure what temp 2 is measuring

more_horiz
I'm stumped. It's not overheating so I can't figure this out unless I'm sitting in front of the computer which is impossible. Does it still freeze and restart or just freezes?

more_horiz
As long as I'm watching off the HD it seems to not do either. I'm going to reinstall the silver light plugin for Netflix and see if there is an issue with that....if not...I'm in the same boat as you, I'll also watch the temps and see if the spike when on netflix

more_horiz
Dave,

I figured out the problem. It was the power supply. It was going out and the system was getting a voltage drop. It crapped out 3 days ago and since I have replaced it, it's ran flawless and cooler too....14 degrees at that. I'd have never thought to check voltage.

more_horiz
That is good news. Who would have thought about checking that.

more_horiz
Well...in the future if you exhaust all options and still can't figure out why a pc is restarting and freezing for no reason you can tell the next guy to bust out the volt meter! Lol

Honestly I'd have never thought to check voltage, it makes perfect since now...but I'd have sworn it was a software issue way before I'd have thought to check voltage. Not one freeze or restart in 5 days and runs between 94 to 101 degrees.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum