WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Uknown issue causing hardware and software issues

2 posters

descriptionUknown issue causing hardware and software issues - Page 2 EmptyRe: Uknown issue causing hardware and software issues

more_horiz
No, it still cannot access the Windows Installer. I also double checked and turned on the Windows Installer. It was set to automatic but wasn't started so I started it. However, the error still showed up. I've also lost my sound while trying to play anything off of the internet. I'm also unable to open IE or download a new version of it. I've always used Chrome but thought I'd see if I had the same issue with IE but when I open the browser it opens briefly then closes automatically. I downloaded Firefox and I can't get Flash to download in order to watch any videos on that browser as well.

descriptionUknown issue causing hardware and software issues - Page 2 EmptyRe: Uknown issue causing hardware and software issues

more_horiz
Have you tried a System Restore to before the time this problem started?

more_horiz
Yeah, that was the first thing that I did, to no avail.

more_horiz
Do you have the Windows 7 OS disk or is there a Recovery Console on your computer?

more_horiz
I don't have the disc. Is it standard to have the hard restore already installed?

more_horiz
If you didn't receive a disk, then the Recovery Console is installed in a separate partition of your hard drive. It's usually called the D drive. Take a look. Here's how to run the repair.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum