WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Machine freezez Will not let me Download MBAM

2 posters

descriptionMachine freezez  Will not let me Download MBAM - Page 2 EmptyRe: Machine freezez Will not let me Download MBAM

more_horiz
Please re-install ESET.

descriptionMachine freezez  Will not let me Download MBAM - Page 2 EmptyRe: Machine freezez Will not let me Download MBAM

more_horiz
Dave, finally got eset to run. It ran all night and found 4 Trojans. I can' figure out how to get it to print a report. log. I also ran Root Kit again and it found one malware. Should I run the other programs as well, now that the machine is running better?

Also, while I was waiting last night I ran eset on my supposed clean machine and it found 45 threats. It did export a log on the reboot and I have it on my desktop. Didn't want to confuse things by posting it here, but I'm wondering why the clean machine exported a log and the sick computer has not. I'm still in safe mode and haven't rebooted it yet, maybe it will export a log on the reboot. I have all the programs on both laptops and the two machines are identical. Should I go ahead and run them on my machine as well?

Thanks

Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Thisisu
Version: 6.3.9 (11.15.2014:2)
Ran by Pat on Thu 11/20/2014 at  5:24:24.97
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~ Services

~~~ Registry Values

~~~ Registry Keys

~~~ Files

~~~ Folders

~~~ Event Viewer Logs were cleared

Scan was completed on Thu 11/20/2014 at  5:50:40.24
End of JRT log

more_horiz
# AdwCleaner v4.101 - Report created 20/11/2014 at 09:32:36
# Updated 09/11/2014 by Xplode
# Database : 2014-11-16.1 [Live]
# Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (64 bits)
# Username : Pat - PAT-PC
# Running from : C:\Users\Pat\Desktop\adwcleaner_4.101.exe
# Option : Clean

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Files / Folders ] *****

***** [ Scheduled Tasks ] *****

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

***** [ Browsers ] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v11.0.9600.17420

-\\ Google Chrome v38.0.2125.111

AdwCleaner[R0].txt - [1976 octets] - [22/12/2013 17:41:42]
AdwCleaner[R1].txt - [1915 octets] - [17/11/2014 21:49:00]
AdwCleaner[R2].txt - [1096 octets] - [18/11/2014 01:13:40]
AdwCleaner[R3].txt - [1106 octets] - [18/11/2014 17:20:43]
AdwCleaner[R4].txt - [1226 octets] - [20/11/2014 09:07:31]
AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [2077 octets] - [22/12/2013 17:42:32]
AdwCleaner[S1].txt - [1998 octets] - [17/11/2014 21:57:22]
AdwCleaner[S2].txt - [1160 octets] - [18/11/2014 01:24:25]
AdwCleaner[S3].txt - [1168 octets] - [18/11/2014 17:25:03]
AdwCleaner[S4].txt - [1148 octets] - [20/11/2014 09:32:36]

more_horiz
Here's the new Mbam log: Security Check still won't run:  Says it aborts scan because the wrong OS.  Should I enable my Webroot SecureAnywhere AV now, and maybe run a check with that:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
www.malwarebytes.org

Scan Date: 11/20/2014
Scan Time: 9:40:19 AM
Logfile: MBam Log.txt
Administrator: Yes

Version: 2.00.3.1025
Malware Database: v2014.11.20.05
Rootkit Database: v2014.11.18.01
License: Free
Malware Protection: Disabled
Malicious Website Protection: Disabled
Self-protection: Disabled

CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: Pat

Scan Type: Threat Scan
Result: Completed
Objects Scanned: 461592
Time Elapsed: 1 hr, 36 min, 45 sec

Memory: Enabled
Startup: Enabled
Filesystem: Enabled
Archives: Enabled
Rootkits: Disabled
Heuristics: Enabled
PUP: Warn
PUM: Enabled

Processes: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Modules: 0

Registry Keys: 0

Registry Values: 0

Registry Data: 0

Folders: 0

Files: 0

Physical Sectors: 0

(end)

more_horiz
Should I go ahead and run them on my machine as well?

No, that would be too confusing. Let's stick with one computer.
Security Check still won't run: Says it aborts scan because the wrong OS.

Not to worry. Security Check does that at times.
Should I enable my Webroot SecureAnywhere AV now, and maybe run a check with that:

Yes.
How is that computer working now?

more_horiz
Seems to be working fine. Will let the wife give me the final report. Still wondering where she picked up 4 Trojans.

Thanks, Dave

more_horiz
Still wondering where she picked up 4 Trojans.

It could have been just a drive-by shooting.
Please let me know when you want to start the cleanup.

more_horiz
Dave: The machine still seems a little slow, and we can't get it to remember log in info. Like I have to re enter my username and pass word every time here, even when I check the log in automatically box. Maybe because I'm using my account on her machine. But she says she has the same problem logging onto facebook. You think we might have missed something?

I reran all the tools again and got a clean bill of health from them all except Security Lock. I think eset was the one that got the Trojans, but could never get it to export a log.

Sorry to be a pain

more_horiz
we can't get it to remember log in info. Like I have to re enter my username and pass word every time here, even when I check the log in automatically box. Maybe because I'm using my account on her machine. But she says she has the same problem logging onto facebook. You think we might have missed something?

You can set up your browser to remember or not remember your last visit. What browser are you using?

more_horiz
Internet Explorer for the moment, but I plan to put Fire Fox on it.

more_horiz
horahack wrote:
Internet Explorer for the moment, but I plan to put Fire Fox on it.

Then you have to set up IE and FF to remember or not remeber your visits in the privacy tabs.

more_horiz
Dave, this machine is still messed up. It keeps trying to open the eset page, even after I removed it from add remove. It also tries to redirect and there appear to be some toolbars that shouldn't be there. Also, I keep getting that Windows sound, or chime you get when you hit something in error. Still freezes up and when I tried to download FireFox, I'm still getting that message that says, "Your current settings does not allow this file to be downloaded" I'm posting this from the infected computer, so I can probably work the fixes from here now, rather than risk infecting my other laptop.

Please help, about to throw this machine out the window.

more_horiz
Please help, about to throw this machine out the window..

That's why they call it Windows. I'm sure just about everyone has had that urge. Let's try to fix IE. Click on Tools in IE and select Options. Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset at the bottom.
Please run AdwCleaner and MBAM again to see if anything comes up.

more_horiz
Closest thing I could find was restore defaults. which I did, but Mbam won't run. Says scan failed to run successfully. Also, that message that License Expired still pops up.

more_horiz
You mentioned that you have a previous version of MBAM on your computer. Please try uninstalling it and download a new one.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum