WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Boot up to Auto Repair, No Syst. Restore, Just Command Prompt

2 posters

descriptionBoot up to Auto Repair, No Syst. Restore, Just Command Prompt - Page 2 EmptyRe: Boot up to Auto Repair, No Syst. Restore, Just Command Prompt

more_horiz
I've never had any experience with backup programs so I'm not the person to ask. Why not contact Carbonite? They should be able to help with all those questions.

descriptionBoot up to Auto Repair, No Syst. Restore, Just Command Prompt - Page 2 EmptyRe: Boot up to Auto Repair, No Syst. Restore, Just Command Prompt

more_horiz
I will need to save files and pictures on my computer before wiping it out to default. Please help me with that.

more_horiz
I would advise you to also save and files from Quickbook or MS Word. You can save them to an external drive or DVD's. You will need to create a rescue disk that will enable you to boot your computer from the disk. Then it will be just a matter of saving your files.

We are going to be using a Windows Recovery Environment to help disinfect the system so it may boot again.

Download the OTLPE Standard REATOGO Windows Recovery Environment.

• Place a blank CD-R disc in to your CD burning drive.
  • Download OTLPEStd.exe and double-click on it to burn to a CD using an ISO Burner. One can be found here.
  • Reboot your system using the boot CD you just created.
  • Note : If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from CD follow the steps here
  • Your system should now display a REATOGO-X-PE desktop.

more_horiz
Hi Superdave,
Well, I just finished resetting my PC...cleaned just files and apps.. did not clean the hard drive. It said to choose clean files and apps if you are keeping the computer. Choose clean hard drive if you are not. I called Carbonite and they have all my files to transfer. I am now able to get online. Should I do anything else before I add my QuickBooks software?
Thanks, Valerie

more_horiz
Once your files are restored to your computer your Quickbooks should be able to open those files.

more_horiz
OK thank you! You can close this thread now.

more_horiz
You're welcome.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum