WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

description<Newbie - BSOD ntoskrnl.exe  Empty<Newbie - BSOD ntoskrnl.exe

more_horiz
Hi all!,

Sorry if my first post here is looking for something, but I need some guidance and a friend referred me so i thought i would see if anyone can help.

Ok, so i recently came into possession of a pc, noticed a few things that might not be so right with it.

Firstly, its running with 10gb of ddr3 ram, which im sure is wrong as most ram runs best with 2 modules of the same ram, this has 8gb in one slot and 2gb in another which is what i believe is causing the problem with this Bsod i keep getting but some insight would be great.

The mobo has two ddr3 ram slots in use and 2xddr2 slots unused.
One has an 8gb stick of Corsair Vengence 1600mhz 1.5v
The other a 2gb stick of Corsair XMS3 1600mhz 1.65v

Secondly, its running a gtx750ti oc, a great little card powered off the pci-e slot which seems to run games like WoW on ultra at around 30fps, it still seems though as it should be getting more especially with an older game like that, again, down to the ram?

Yesterday, i couldnt even get past the logon screen for w7 without it freezing up and not even getting a bsod, ran a system restore and it remained the same until i used 'last good know config' which repaired it for temporarily, after an hour or two though while the pc was idle, i got the c000021a BSOD 'Fatal System Error'

I used the program 'bluescreenviewer' to see what driver might of been causing the crash a few days ago and it pointed out both the ntoskrnl.exe and an nvida driver but the cards drivers are up to date.

Any help greatly appreciated, i really dont want to have to spend a bean on this unless it is going to be worth resolving.  Thank You!

I have the relevant info (dxdiag/.dmp file/cpuid text files etc) but cannot post it just yet as im only a newbie Sad tearing

I ran the Sfdiagnostic tool in Admin, it runs, tells me its complete but fails to leave a folder anywhere with the details.

If you guys need anything else just let me know and thanks in advance!

description<Newbie - BSOD ntoskrnl.exe  EmptyRe: <Newbie - BSOD ntoskrnl.exe

more_horiz
BSOD's are usually caused by hardware problems so it's quite likely the RAM is the problem.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum