WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionGoogle short cut Icon has blue  and yellow shield on it EmptyGoogle short cut Icon has blue and yellow shield on it

more_horiz
I have windows 7 and IE 11 and a HP DC5800 desk top MY Google short cut Icon on my desk top now has a little blue and yellow shield in the right hand corner , so I went into properties compatibility and made sure my selection was for windows 7 and the administrative box is unchecked , this was suppose to fix this shield, I also uninstalled and re installed Google chrome ,
I still have the shield on the Google Icon yet everything works and now I can open either Microsoft IE or Google ,before this happened I could only open Google and not IE
,so what has changed for this to happen and can I or should I try to get rid of the shield on the Google Icon if every thing seems to be working OK

https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/18/90/10/11/captur10.jpg

descriptionGoogle short cut Icon has blue  and yellow shield on it EmptyRe: Google short cut Icon has blue and yellow shield on it

more_horiz
I suspect that Google Chrome disabled your ability to open IE. I don't know anything about the shield on the icon. I've never seen it before.

descriptionGoogle short cut Icon has blue  and yellow shield on it Emptyshield on Google Icon

more_horiz
Superdave wrote:
I suspect that Google Chrome disabled your ability to open IE. I don't know anything about the shield on the icon. I've never seen it before.

I think its something to do with administrative permissions , not sure but its working , and I can also open IE if I want . Let me think so thanks for you help

descriptionGoogle short cut Icon has blue  and yellow shield on it EmptyRe: Google short cut Icon has blue and yellow shield on it

more_horiz
You're welcome.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum