WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionInitial tasks take too long to start up EmptyInitial tasks take too long to start up

more_horiz
I run Windows XP, which appears to load as normal. However, if I run any task, they take anything from 5-10 minutes to load up!! Task manager shows that the Idle Process is recording 99%, ie nothing else appears to be running. The last time I loaded, after 30 minutes, activity started and everything appeared to then operate as normal.
I have checked that Windows is uptodate, and have run CCleaner, Malwarebytes, Spybot and McAfee.
What is causing the delay in tasks? And how can I correct it?

descriptionInitial tasks take too long to start up EmptyRe: Initial tasks take too long to start up

more_horiz
If you wish to start a thread in the malware forum we could run some tests.

descriptionInitial tasks take too long to start up EmptyRe: Initial tasks take too long to start up

more_horiz
Yes please. Do you want me to re-post?

more_horiz
Yes, please. I can't move this topic. You will have to start a new one.

more_horiz
Ok, done. thx.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum